Skimmer recommendations- 60 gallon cube

Chicago Kopka

Have everything but a skimmer right now. Seeing if anyone can recommend one. Thinking about the Eshopps s-120 cone from FAOIS. My skimmer compartment is 7.5 x 9.5 inches. What you guys think?

Eshopps are good. I have a s-200 on my 75 gallon tank. I also have a 40b with a Reef octopus 110 INT and it is a better skimmer imo. I am not sure if it gets more skim out but as far as dialing in and noise it is hands down a better skimmer. And around the same price. http://www.reefoctopus.com/product_detail.aspx?ProductsCateID=60&CateID=34&CurrCateID=58

Yeah that's the other one I was looking at. The classic actually looks like it won't ft but they have a new classic "space saver" that puts the pump inside. Might go that route.

I vote for a I-Tech but good luck finding one. Other than that I have used Reef Octopus and they worked good.

I have an Eshopps S-120. It is actually my second one. The first one the pump died after 2 years. I replaced the first one with a reef octopus sro 1000int. Never got it to work very well so I got another S-120. It pulls great skim. However after doing more research I think I never had the reef octopus set up correctly so i'm going back to it. The eshopps is only a month old. If you are looking for a used one it should be on craigslist soon. I can't sell on here yet, not enough posts.

I have an Eshopps S-120. It is actually my second one. The first one the pump died after 2 years. I replaced the first one with a reef octopus sro 1000int. Never got it to work very well so I got another S-120. It pulls great skim. However after doing more research I think I never had the reef octopus set up correctly so i'm going back to it. The eshopps is only a month old. If you are looking for a used one it should be on craigslist soon. I can't sell on here yet, not enough posts.

If it's pulling great skim why are you switching back?

It's rated just a little higher. I'm running a 75 gallon and want the increased ability no matter how little. Also as weird as it sounds, it cost more. I spent the money I want to use it. Tried selling it on craigslist, for a good price, but didn't get any interest. If no one shows interest in the eshopps I'm just going to keep it as a back up.

Back