skimmer vs skimmer

P
What is sad, is that the Reef Dynamics is no longer made or available. I have them on both my 90g and 150g, and they are work horses. I have spares if they ever have issues, but in 10 years, I have seen none.
Please add pics to this threadšŸ˜‰

Take a look @ the Simplicity 120
BECAUSE-- I'm in the boat with you & have landed there so far.
Even this could be too big for you depending on stocking levels.
I have a Simplicity 120 on an older 90 gal. and I am not too happy with the performance.. I will admit that my water level could be more consistant.

I too am a skimmer head... What about option 3 get an Octopus 150 skimmer (elite or regular) they are DC and have the auto shutoff built in .. If cost is an issue you can generally find them used for a reasonable $$

I have a whole graveyard of skimmers in the garage that are haunting me....
Spooky huh.
Proclear venturi sump
Euro reef
Remora
Urchin
Damn I got problems lol

I have a whole graveyard of skimmers in the garage that are haunting me....
Spooky huh.
Proclear venturi sump
Euro reef
Remora
Urchin
Damn I got problems lol

Once I bought a EuroReef, I never looked back. It works so very well!

sump4.jpg

I just threw a ReefOctopus Regal 200-EXT on a 75 gallon (50 gallon sump)...
Overkill, but it is the smallest DC Octo made. I am running it at about half speed
I am amazed at how easy this thing was to setup. I adjusted it once and off to the races...

Overkill, but it is the smallest DC Octo made. I am running it at about half speed
I am amazed at how easy this thing was to setup. I adjusted it once and off to the races...
That is a very nice skimmer. When the pump goes on my EuroReef, I'm looking to upgrade to the Varios S pump.

That is a very nice skimmer. When the pump goes on my EuroReef, I'm looking to upgrade to the Varios S pump.
My Sicce pumps on my Reef Dynamics INS80 and 150 purchased in 2016 from Aquarium Source are still rocking it. I have only cleaned them a few times. When I do my maintenance, I just put my finger over the air tube so it draws water, and use a turkey baster to put water in that to clean the dust out. They are work horses.

Thats weird they make a 150 but yeah really nice skimmer especially with the auto shutoff on cup and ability to connect to a controller

Thats weird they make a 150 but yeah really nice skimmer especially with the auto shutoff on cup and ability to connect to a controller
They donā€™t make a 150 with a dc pump (regal) Just the classic and the mid grade models with AC pumps.

They make the Classic, regal, elite and elite super space saver (int) all in 150 DC Varios 2 pump.. but what do I know I just have one right lol

Last edited:
They make the Classic, regal, elite and elite super space saver (int) all in 150 DC Varios 2 pump.. but what do I know I just have one right lol

Yep and "Super" as well. I Don't have room for an internal skimmer so my smallest option for a DC model from OCTO was the Regal 200-EXT.

Last edited:
5AE0362A-4152-4BA7-9761-7939DCDCBA34.jpg

Installed 20 year old euroreef ins180 to cure some live rock

This is 8 hrs of skimming, not even at correct water depth
Had to put a weight on top of collection cup, it was foaming so Hard it blew the lid!!

Iā€™ve used many skimmers, these really are some of the best n easiest to use

Please excuse my Prime shim :)

Back