slab strong enough?

crsaz

I am planning out my 450-500g system, 180 display, 125 refuge,55 drum cryptic zone/rdsb , 550 gal drum mangrove "planter" displayed next to the stand set up like a house plant planter and 2 4'x2'x1' frag tanks(60 gal) and it will be up against an exterior load bearing wall. my question is wether or not the standard 2 story house slab is strong enough to support a 450-500 gal system?

just thought Id check, I heard a story about some guy who but a 700 in his office and eventually the building started to shift maybe its just an urban myth

To somewhat piggyback, I am setting up a 135 Oceanic in my new condo building. I am on the first floor of a three floor building with a parking garage underneath. The building has concrete floors and I assume is reinforced with I-beams. I really don't think I have anything to worry about. Just wanted to ask anyone who may know more than the limited knowledge I have. Thanks.

Most new construction condos are cable post tensioned reinforced concrete, We drive the mixer on it a few days after the pour, it wont sag. So no worries.

Back