SLASH Fall Frag Swap, Oct. 9th!

smoothdog

SLASH FALL 2011 FRAG SWAP -> Sunday October 9th, 2011<br><br>
slashfragswapFALL11_small.jpg

This swap will be held at the same location as our last from noon until 3:00PM. Those needing time to get set up will be able to get in at 9:00 AM. **only those setting up** absolutely no peeking!!!

As usual there is no admission fee for anyone who wishes to attend. If you're interested in space, shoot an email to me at smoothdog@slashclub.org and I will put you on a list and communicate information as updates become available.

The address for the Eagles lodge is:

2558 Madison Avenue,
Granite City, IL 62040

If you have any questions you can send a PM on ReefCentral to smoothdog, rams or reeferhead. We will try to get back to you as soon as possible. You can also send an email to ram@slashclub.org

Start fragging and saving up now and we'll see you there!
smoothdog

If you have an AOL email address and are interested in reserving a table, please send me a PM here on ReefCentral. AOL is blocking the @slashclub.org email for some stupid reason so I cannot reply to AOL email.

Thanks!

looks like a good day to use a vacation day at work, will be 3 day weekend and get some new corals.

Just a few questions...

Just a few questions...

1. Okay, so if I'm unable to make it to "Pizza Night", I can show up to the frag swap, pay my dues, and become a member, or is the frag swap members only?

2. If I am able to attend the frag swap: will there be frags for sale also, or are they for "swapping" only? I don't currently have anything fragged, which leads to my next question..

3. I have absolutely no problem agreeing to frag and swap, but don't know how...do you guys ever do any kind of fragging workshops, or is there anyone who will teach newbies how to frag their pieces?

Thanks in advance for any info you can provide. :)

1: everyone is welcome to the frag swap. You can join there as well.

2: most things are for sale, but you can trade as well.

3: fragging is pretty easy, we dot have a workshop, but I'm sure someone would be willing to lend a hand :thumbsup:

1. Okay, so if I'm unable to make it to "Pizza Night", I can show up to the frag swap, pay my dues, and become a member, or is the frag swap members only? Everyone is Welcome and Yes you can become a member that day.

2. If I am able to attend the frag swap: will there be frags for sale also, or are they for "swapping" only? I don't currently have anything fragged, which leads to my next question.. There are usually 5 to 9 other vendors on top of what hobbyists set up a table. Yes there will be frags galore!

3. I have absolutely no problem agreeing to frag and swap, but don't know how...do you guys ever do any kind of fragging workshops, or is there anyone who will teach newbies how to frag their pieces? The best way to learn is to see some of our veteran hobbyists do their thing. There are many techniques and variations. My suggestion is let us know what you plan to frag go from there.

Thanks in advance for any info you can provide. :)

No... No. the thanks are all on this side of the table. :D

Thanks to both of you! I think maybe I was confusing the CDP with the Frag Swap...Anyway, I'm VERY excited for Oct 9. Can't wait to meet all of you!

I think maybe I was confusing the CDP with the Frag Swap...

Probably because CDP is a big part of the Swap. The club runs a CDP table where members offer up frags into the system during the swap... in addition to documenting any transactions that happen that day. Perk... new members get a chance to utilize the CDP right off the bat after joining. Win-win.

So not only will there be tables of corals from coral vendors, local hobbyists, and SLASH members. The CDP will represent as well.

Hope the helps. :thumbsup:

Is someone there willing to help me with a baring mod on my airplane, I mean Vortech, I am to scared to do it by my self. I know some out there have done it... Why not at the swap...

Hopefully there will be some softies, leathers, and anything but SPS in the raffles??? Everything I won, all that was left was SPS and I have NO desire to keep SPS. I just don't have the time.

I do have some GSP, possibly a mushroom or 2, and pulsing xenia to put back in to the CDP. Does the CDP take Kenya trees? I know a lot of people hate them which is why I am asking. I happen to like my huge mother tree.

Back