SLASH Float Trip, Thursday July 13th!!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7635498#post7635498 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Letmegrow
After snorkling at Sam A. Baker state park, I think I will go that route and forego the floatation device.

Yes I snorkeled in a creek and it was fun !

It will depend on the depth of the water...if it's super deep you won't be able to see anything and I won't be snorkeling with you :lol:

:lol: I'm not sure how much I'm actually helping. I think she's just using me for my super human strength and my abilityto get into small places.

Haha :) We could go to the dive shops around STL and look for those + see about finding a disposable underwater camera, I'm sure there will be plenty of good photo ops since it is the SLASH club that's floating :D

Just a reminder to the people wanting to go to this event that they will need to reserve their canoes.

dave

Dave and Ann are planning on going. Capo said he might be going on some old floatation device from the 50's...so he might be lagging behind quite a bit.

dave:D

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7709628#post7709628 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Chelsey
Steve and I are still planning on being there...who's coming with us? :D

you are taking me and one other

Got the canoe reserved for Mrs Nook and myself...the lady said the water was perfect right now...looks to be sunny on Thursday with 90 degree temps...should be a nice day. Now, what to bring for lunch??

She recommended getting there at 10:45am.

Going to be a small crowd but a fun one today. Time to make the donuts...

Hope you all have a great time out there. Be carefull.
It's going to be a hot one today. Take lots of pictures.. I wish I could go.

Within an hour of getting out of the water a terrible thunderstorm with lightning and blinding rain came on. We drove through about 30 minutes of blinding rain and lightning back I-44E.

The float was a great time...water was perfect and the clouds made it not too unbearable. I will vouch for Steve's lobster-back suntan though....good thing he never burns:lol:

Back