SMB2415 550g (84x36x42) build

Display tank is a peninsula setup. The back wall is up against the sump closet. Original blue paint is flaking so Im removing it and debating on what to use for replacement. So far it looks like I should steer clear of black due to PAR absorption. So Im thinking match the existing medium blue (see photos above). Paint is easier than tint and most tint I see is cling on type and I doubt that will hold up. I also read about using plastic-dip which is interesting. Thoughts? 42"36" area

Actually doesn’t look too bad. Looking forward to progress updates.
its the thick layer of detritus/muck on the rock work thats been most challenging. I debating sticking a shop vac blower hose (reduced to maybe 3/4") and use that as a blower. Crank up the circulation pumps and add on the socks

its the thick layer of detritus/muck on the rock work thats been most challenging. I debating sticking a shop vac blower hose (reduced to maybe 3/4") and use that as a blower. Crank up the circulation pumps and add on the socks
Worth a shot.

Let's see how this goes, trying new photo hosting site. If all goes well I'll go back and update the links in previous posts.

Here's the current conditions of the display tank rock work and sand bed. (n)🫣
View attachment 32381298View attachment 32381299View attachment 32381300
**After trying out a few posting sites I found it easier just to upload directly on the forum which we couldn't do back when this thread was started. I did find a site called postimages which is free and allows unlimited uploads, though Id only recommend for images you want public

**After trying out a few posting sites I found it easier just to upload directly on the forum which we couldn't do back when this thread was started. I did find a site called postimages which is free and allows unlimited uploads, though Id only recommend for images you want public
The direct attachment is a nice feature. It is limited to 3mb photo size so sometimes the pictures need to be “shrunk” with a photo resizer

Back