Smoothdog's 150DD build

Finally got Herschel's frag tank installed with help from the Wookie himself about a week ago. After treating all the corals with BCP on them in the QT tank, I moved them over to the new frag tank last night. Other than a few minor changes this is the final result:

20171219_163137_HDR by ksw2005, on Flickr

I plan to change out the frag rack for some that are in an acid bath now. I will also be replacing the clear tubing on the Sea Swirls with black tubing now that I have it.

Looks good! I see you added some extra power heads in there, does it have crazy flow now?

You have love how easy it is working on a shallow frag system.
I need that sponge bob house! Where did you get that?

Yeah, it's so much nicer to just be able to reach in and fix something.

Susan found that at Petco. It's the only thing she's ever asked to put in the tank so I figured I could make it work in the frag tank. :lol:

Looks good! I see you added some extra power heads in there, does it have crazy flow now?

I wouldn't say crazy flow, but really good flow. I put something bigger in there to start with and THAT was crazy flow. Blew stuff everywhere and I had to keep pulling corals off the sides of it when it sucked them in. I was thinking of going with a single gyre but I'll save some cash and stick with this for now.

Those look sexy:) I really like my heater holders you designed for my sump too.

Those look sexy:) I really like my heater holders you designed for my sump too.

Forgot to take a picture of those when we installed them :blown: I was hoping the fit on those would be a little tighter but they seemed to work ok. If you have any problems with them popping loose let me know and I'll tweak the design and print a couple more for you.

So here it is 2 years later and I wish I could say my display looked as good as my frag tank. It's definitely on the mend now thanks to a tip from Pife and a very generous Nook, but it's been a rough 2 years. Here's a pic and movie of the frag tank. I'll have to get one of the display soon for progress tracking.

20191111_160714_2 by ksw2005, on Flickr

20191111_160519 by ksw2005, on Flickr

Looks really nice! Things are growing well. Like the music in the background.

Thanks Nook! LOL, I didn't think about the music playing in the background when I shot the movie. Moby will probably put a takedown notice on my video now. ;-)

Cleaned out the beast and put new media in.
2dbf6d6cf62ee8317ceb095086b3adb7.jpg

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

It's been doing great since I started dosing iodine. All of my corals stopped STNing and started growing. I haven't lost a new frag since then either, unless you count the one that fell into the abyss ��

I used an online calculator and the total came to 10 drops per week for 250gal. So 1 drop per 25 gal. If you are doing regular water changes, I'm sure you would be safer with less.

Back