Smoothdog's 150DD build

The tank is looking great - glad to see things are taking off again. I think that birdsnest is the "Birds of Paradise" which grows thicker than the Ponape. I have one in my tank and it looks just like yours with the branches growing almost straight up.

Thanks for the updates.

-Mike

Got any pictures of your pink mili?

2015-10-06_11-04-31 by ksw2005, on Flickr

The tank is looking great - glad to see things are taking off again. I think that birdsnest is the "Birds of Paradise" which grows thicker than the Ponape. I have one in my tank and it looks just like yours with the branches growing almost straight up.

Thanks for the updates.

-Mike

Thanks Mike! You're correct, I miss-stated, it's Birds of Paradise.

That's amazing! I might cross a river for a bucket full of frags from you.

Ha, ha, I'll believe it when I see it! You're welcome to cross to this side of the river for a visit any time. :D

digi

digi

Throw me a peice forestfire digi. For some reason I can't keep acros alive anymore. If I can't keep digi, then I'm throwing in the towel.

Looks great kirk. The clowns look happy in their new home as well!

Yeah, they settled in real quick. Couldn't find the YWG and thought it might have died, but it was in the overflow hiding behind the pipes. He paired right up with the shrimp again once I scooped him out. The only fish I've never seen since I put them in is the tiny goby.

Kirk, the tank looks great ! I remember when you started the build process, and i think it turned out better than i imagined! well done!

Well, it's been some time since I did anything with this thread. Since I'm going through a bit of a reboot, I thought I'd dig it up and track the progress here.

I had some major issues with STN over several months and couldn't figure out what the problem was. Finally found that my MH ballast actually started dimming out. They had always just failed on me in the past and I'd never heard of one dimming down so I never thought to check. Another hard lesson learned. Now that the issue is fixed, the stuff I have left is starting to turn around and I'm becoming motivated again. Ripped out all of the dead coral and overwhelming spongeodes then moved a couple large colonies left to the back. Now I have a ton of room to mount new frags!

Before:
IMG_20170917_150848 by ksw2005, on Flickr
IMG_20170917_150841 by ksw2005, on Flickr

After:
2017-09-17_09-40-16 by ksw2005, on Flickr
2017-09-17_09-39-11 by ksw2005, on Flickr

Death and destruction:
2017-09-17_09-41-20 by ksw2005, on Flickr

Next up, replacing the frag tanks with one nicer, sleeker purpose built tank. Stay tuned!

Amazing what moving a few rocks around will do for your tank. If you need me to help move heavy things up stairs let me know.

Looks great. I saw it a few weeks ago and you made some great changes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Amazing what moving a few rocks around will do for your tank. If you need me to help move heavy things up stairs let me know.

Thanks Tim! I think most of the heavy moving is done. Now if you just had a magic wand that could make space for all the crap I've accumulated, we'd be in business.

Looks great. I saw it a few weeks ago and you made some great changes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Tks! Wish you could have seen it in it's hayday.

Thanks Tim! I think most of the heavy moving is done. Now if you just had a magic wand that could make space for all the crap I've accumulated, we'd be in business.

Its hard... I had to fight the wife Saturday Night about getting rid of the old tube TV she has had on my shelves since the day we moved into the house. I still can't fit all the CDP stuff yet. Got to get rid of some landscaping blocks she is never going to use.

Back