Smoothdog's 150DD build

Tank update: Finally broke down a couple of months ago and got a Kamoer peristaltic pump for my CaRx, will never go back to any kind of valve to regulate it again! Holds rocks solid flow rates and allows super fine adjustment without fiddling. Tank has pretty much been on cruise control lately but I have some updates planned for the near future.

Now for some eye candy:
DSC_0970 by ksw2005, on Flickr

DSC_0968 by ksw2005, on Flickr

DSC_0971 by ksw2005, on Flickr

DSC_0973 by ksw2005, on Flickr

DSC_0974 by ksw2005, on Flickr

DSC_0979 by ksw2005, on Flickr

DSC_0983 by ksw2005, on Flickr

DSC_0990 by ksw2005, on Flickr

DSC_0991 by ksw2005, on Flickr

DSC_0993 by ksw2005, on Flickr

Looking good dog. If you have a frag of red hornets Let me know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just broke the mini colony in two last week. Planning to put one in the display and grow out the other for frags. I'll let you know when I frag it up, but these grow really slow for me.

pump

pump

Was not sure of what you were talking about. I had to look it up. Kamoer peristaltic pump for my CaRx. Which one did you buy and why does it make it better?

Was not sure of what you were talking about. I had to look it up. Kamoer peristaltic pump for my CaRx. Which one did you buy and why does it make it better?

Kamoer FX-STP Calcium Peristaltic Pump is the model. They also have a wifi version now. I've heard the new Echotech versas are pretty good too, they are cheaper, but are wifi controlled only, where as the wifi kamoer pump has physical controls too.

As for why the peri pump makes it better, it never clogs with detritus. I used pinch and needle valves to control effluent in the past and they always clogged over time so I was constantly fiddling with the valve to keep my effluent rate constant. Now I just set my effluent rate and don't touch it unless I need to adjust for demand.

Was looking back through this thread and I'm really hoping to get the tank back to it's glory days. I really miss my old super fuzzy Pink Mille and this purple lokani. I gave many frags of these out but nobody else was ever able to keep them.

DSC_0272.JPG by ksw2005, on Flickr

DSC_0185.JPG by ksw2005, on Flickr

Several months ago I noticed that half the white diodes in my homebuilt multichip leds were out, so I ordered a couple more and replaced them. Unfortunately the color rendition didn't match what I originally had so the tank never quite looked right to me. Also, since I'm finally about ready to replace my ReefAngel with the Apex, I wouldn't be able to control my old PWM dimable LEDs any more, so bit the bullet and picked up 3 Hydra 32 HDs. Pretty happy with the spread and color rendition now.

These were shot with my phone so the white balance is off.

20200516_182611_HDR by ksw2005, on Flickr
20200516_182557_HDR by ksw2005, on Flickr
20200516_183304_HDR by ksw2005, on Flickr
20200516_183314_HDR by ksw2005, on Flickr

Tks Nook. I'm starting to get some decent growth out of almost everything now. Hoping the new lights will help with a few that were in lower light areas. I should probably throw a par meter in the tank to see what kind of numbers I'm getting. With the 3 AIs in an arc plus the halide, I'm getting a nice even, bright blanket of light now.

Back