Smoothdog's 150DD build

So I've already run into an issue with the Apex. The power blipped here the other day and apparently glitched the Apex where it wouldn't actually control anything or communicate with the network.:furious: it required a manual reset to get it going again. Luckily I noticed after several hours, but it could have caused some major issues if I'd been away. My reef angel app would actually alert me if it couldn't ping the controller periodically. Is there a way to do this with the Apex? Seems like that should be a default alert to let you know it's offline. :headwally:

There is a way anytime I Apex loses power I get a text message. I can't remember how to set that up though.

It's crazy that the heartbeat function is by default disabled. Who wouldn't want that?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know, right? Half the point of a controller is to know when something is wrong. I really like the Apex so far, but feel like this was a major miss on their part.

Made some lighting adjustments over the frag tank. The cheap chinese box I had on the right end had 2 of 3 fans go out and I didn't notice, so the leds were burning up. I was under 150par in the middle of the tank and under 100 at the edges even after cranking everything up to 100%. I'll be keeping a closer eye on these.

20200718_164338_HDR by ksw2005, on Flickr

20200718_164416_HDR by ksw2005, on Flickr

LOL, yeah, I need to start unloading some of this stuff. I've got a "frag" of montipora hispida that's bigger around than a 5 gal bucket.

I'm looking for a couple encrusting montis for lower areas of rock. The two I got from you are doing really well.

Back