SnowFlakes Anyone?

DarthSimon

King Lineatus has Risen!
Premium Member
My dealer sold me these as rare bread farm raised clowns... Anyone know what they are or should they have been expensive??

3a2aqasu.jpg

rutapura.jpg

2eza2yry.jpg

muse6yru.jpg
8ybu7ara.jpg

Thanks

Yeah, they are 'premium' Clownfish alright. :) Great find there. I envy you. :)

Out of curiosity, how much did they cost you? If you don't mind me asking, anyways.

They look like the frostbite variety from sustainable aquatics, snowflakes crossed with Wyoming white (first official cross of two designer ocellaris). Very nice pair, I'm hopeing to be getting my "frozen frostbite" clown soon.
4B08728F-D835-49B9-A465-0DB72DD7CED3-2552-000003FB93C4038F.jpg

Last edited:
The problem with all the dam names are if you don't use consistent names than it makes it hard to indentify the fish. I would use the name frostbites and if they didn't come from SA I would call them Unknown breeder frostbites. Its the same issue that exists with some of the other designer clown names. They need to have consistent names so if someone goes to sell the babies they can be identified easier. The naming rights go to the first to breed them and identify what they bred, in this case SA unless someone shows rights prior to.

If your local store got them that means they are coming directly from SA if they are frostbites! I have a pair and those look very much like mine so my vote is they are frostbites.

sorry i miss read it... i thought he meant unless you ORDER directly from SA.... they are definitely frostbites

sorry i miss read it... i thought he meant unless you ORDER directly from SA.... they are definitely frostbites

thats what the LFS does, order directly from SA or from a supplier who does. If they were bred by another breeder, NOT frostbites. I have a pair of black ice snowflakes that the female Looks VERY similar to the clowns above, doesnt make her a frostbite

Those definitely look like frostbites, very nice fish, huge premium price though ;).. Out of curiosity, you asked if you should have been charged a "premium price", implying you paid dirt cheap... care to tell?

Back