So what'd everyone get for Christmas?

Got several items from AquaCave including a new phoenix HQI bulb, auto feeder, auto top off, filter socks holder. The best was seeing a come from behind victory of Tim Tebow last night.

Got a 40 breeder, 20 long, 2 koralia 1400's, rio 3100 return, 60lbs of caribsea bimini pink, 50 lbs brs reef saver rock, brs filter sock holder and socks and a 700gph glass holes overflow! I love my wife!

Sent from my overpriced phone using Tapatalk

You got yourself a keeper! :p

BRS let me in on the group buy a day late so I consider that a gift. :p
BRS media reactor
GFO
Refractometer
Two part dosing kit

10 sheets of $.29 felt to make filter socks from Michaels.

2 sweaters and a pair of socks because I spent all of "Santa's budget" on fish stuff in the past couple of months...

LOL!!! Same here, buddy :).

A gift card to reefsystems coral farm. Now what to get, so many to choose from!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great place, excellent stock to chose from! Over the last several months, I got a Monti cap, green Mille, candy cane, pink stylo and a green slimer from him. His aquacultured corals are very tolerant and adaptable. They do have a tendency to be a little obsessive and a little pushy about how they want you to keep your tank, though. :).

My super hubby got me two ORA frags - a Red Planet and a Plum Crazy plus a DFS Strawberry Shortcake and a purple stylophora. And just the week before for my birthday he'd got me a sargassum trigger ... kinda counts as Christmas since it's so close! And from my folks, with hubby's advice, bless him, I got a nice gift certificate to Live Aquaria which I can't wait to spend!

I got all new ati bulbs for my fixture for my 90g.. a cleanup crew with the LFS gift cert for my kids 29g biocube.. american dj power strip.. a naso tang.. and still got about $60 to spend.

The Reef Aquarium by Delbeek & Sprung volumes I, II, & III; Aquarium Corals: Selection, Husbandry, and Natural History by Eric Borneman.

That'll keep me busy!!!

Well I got the go ahead to upgrade my 14g biocube to a 29g. I ordered and have received two broken ones so far. I hope the third time is the charm, because I am about to give up!

You got yourself a keeper! :p

BRS let me in on the group buy a day late so I consider that a gift. :p
BRS media reactor
GFO
Refractometer
Two part dosing kit

10 sheets of $.29 felt to make filter socks from Michaels.

We picked out our own gifts. It works out better that way:beer:

I was afraid the 'rents wouldn't know exactly what to get. So I asked for cash :D
Im going to buy myself:
Bubble Magus NAC-3
Glass to make my sump
ReefKeeper Lite

Maybe....havin car trouble at the moment.

Santa knows exactly what kind of stocking stuffers I like..
35f124ff.jpg

Big gift.
fd37c254.jpg

Tunze osmolator auto top off, brs bio pellet combo, another maxi jet, and salt and coral from Mr. coral.

I got the best gift of all, no troubles or issues with the tank, and everyone looked their best, even my clarkii's came out of their nem and swam around for hours.

I was afraid the 'rents wouldn't know exactly what to get. So I asked for cash :D
Im going to buy myself:
Bubble Magus NAC-3
Glass to make my sump
ReefKeeper Lite

Maybe....havin car trouble at the moment.

I hear ya there! Being a similar age to you, I totally understand. however my parents got me some really nice stuff and I'm very happy with it.

Got a nice Lawnmower Blennie.
Well, he made it approx 24 hrs. and then found him this morning, carpet surfing. He was doing great,eating, was getting along fine with the occ pair in the tank. Even made it through the night, no probs. Checked him this morn, fine. About 1 hr later, still before the lights came on, found him hangin 10 on the floor.
Should have put some covering over the tank temporarily, just never had a lawnmower take the leap of faith before :thumbdown:.
Oh well, Merry Christmas.
Herbie

Back