Some shots of my fish...

OC CJ

Crushed coral > sand
just thought i'd post some pics of the current livestock in the tank.

First up, an old pic of my yellow assessor. he's about an inch bigger than this now. Couldn't get a good pic of him or my blue assessor but i'll keep trying.

DSC00029.jpg

Next up, the true percs. Still waiting for them to mate but i haven't had them in the same tank for more than a year as i've been swapping around. hopefully they'll get comfortable in their new home and get busy soon!!

100_0602-1.jpg

the female is a freakin ham!!
100_0599-1.jpg

Here's my jawfish saying CHEESE!!

100_0600-1.jpg

And last, here is my latest edition. A Tomini tang. Got him at the strictly fish sale this weekend. he's a little roughed up but is doing well and i'm sure will be as healthy as can be very soon. and for you tang police, he's only about 2" and will be going into my new project tank in hopefully 2-3 months.

100_0605-1.jpg

Thanks for looking!

looks good cj...specially the assessor...nice vivid yellow...nicer than mine...

Last edited:
thanks javier, i've been trying for several weeks to get some clean shots of the yellow and blue, especially when the swim close to each other but i just can't. they dart off into caves where they chill upsidedown.

doug, thanks. i swear she truly eats about 80% of the food i put in there each day. she's a freakin cow!!! i need to get her a little bell! i got them both at strictly fish about 2 years ago.

Re: Some shots of my fish...

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11610811#post11610811 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by OC CJ
First up, an old pic of my yellow assessor.
A Tomini tang. Got him at the strictly fish sale this weekend.
Did the assessor get a deeper yellow?

I think I looked at that Tang Saturday! Just picked up some food and a T-shirt :)

hey ken, the assessors colors deepened but he is still a vivid yellow. he actually has a little more green now on his head. not much though.

yeah, they had a few tomini's but this was the smallest one in the tanks by the shrimps, hermits and snails. i had just spoken to one of my friends about them that has one. he said it was a great fish and them bam!! i found one the next day, right price and right size. the picture doesn't do him justice. just need to get him in tip top shape.

thats what it is...the three yellows i have are mostly green on their heads...yours dont look like that cj...do you know why???

i was just able to snap some photos of the blue assessor. horrible but that's all i could get. the photos make her look almost black but she's a really deep blue with almost electric blue outlines on her fins.

100_0607.jpg

100_0609.jpg

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11610893#post11610893 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by FOSELONE
thats what it is...the three yellows i have are mostly green on their heads...yours dont look like that cj...do you know why???

probably the same as any other fish. it may depend on where they were collected. there is a little green on his head but not much at all. it might even be that yours are more mature than mine. when i got the little guy he was maybe 1" if that. now he's probably just under 2".

i just got this pic of the yellow. he came out as soon as the lights went out at 10. a little blurry since the wifes camera cannot focus in the dark but it's as good as i could get. you can see all the colors really richened up and can see the slight green on his head.

100_0611.jpg

Back