source for ph neutral white sand

erb

I am building a fake aquarium and i need some pure white sugar sand that is ph neutral. Nothing will be alive in this tank, so keep that in in mind. Aragonite is out because it tends to raise ph quite a bit. All the sand i have found so far that is ph neutral is a light egg shell color, I'd really like to find some pure white sand that wont change my ph
TIA

I don't know of a source, but I have to ask...

Why pH neutral?
Why can't it change your pH if nothing is living?
Whatcha building?

I don't know of a source, but I have to ask...

Why pH neutral?
Why can't it change your pH if nothing is living?
Whatcha building?

The hi ph causes the decorations color to fade out fairly quickly.
I am making a fake reef, it uses fresh water but fake corals, it looks really cool and almost no maintenance and expense. Its in a 29 gal tank.
I have a 75 gallon that took a big hit from an anemone that hid and died on me and i have not been able to fully recover yet. It took down some really nice corals. A huge beautiful frogspawn and a large brain coral among others and a bunch of fish. I was a day or so before i realized what was happening so it got me real good.
So, the 29 is an experiment, if it works well, I may go the same route with the 75

Yes it is.
Watch out with the fake corals & bright lighting, algae is your enemy.
I worked on a few tanks like this but salt water. It was a chore trying to keep the corals like new. Even scrubbing never regained their brilliance.

Back