Spark's 75 Gallon SPS

Great Tank! Don't get discouraged by the negative people who think they are perfect. You obviously know what you are doing. Keep posting pics and updates!

Great tank and fish, really like some of those SPS too! Makes me want to put some more fish in my relatively nutrient deprived 75 gallon. :thumbsup:

Your corals could be at least....three times as big if you had less fish in there ;) I like some of the pieces you have, love me some SPS

I've never been one to mention having a specific fish in too small of a tank... But a clown tang in a 75g? Yikes.

Awesome tank..How do you manage to keep Po4 low with a heavy bioloads?..waterchange,gfo, both or just heavy skimming?..

Spark's 75 Gallon SPS

Sorry guys I had to break this tank down back in June 2014 do to the fact I had to move. Still have it but it's sitting in storage. For those asking about my PO4 being low, I used a slimmer and GFO along with a 10 gallon water change every week.

For the guys bashing on my fish load, corals like fish poo, just need to keep your params in check and supply the right amount of fish poo for growth. Some of these corals where growing at least 1/2 to a full inch a week.

Can't wait to get this guy back up and running when I may a place hopefully next year. In the mean time I am about to start a 50g cube soon and all post a build thread for it.

Last edited:
I think people's reservations with overstocking aren't necessarily with the nutrients but with territory and swimming space

Hope you document things from the beginning on your 50g cube, will be interesting to watch it come together. Good luck with your future build! :)

Back