Spot on my new fish

Mr. Thingdoer

Don't ban me bro
Can anybody help me identify this single bump on my Midas Blenny?
It appears flesh colored, or possibly lighter. It's also about 1/16" in diameter.
I need to figure out how to treat this, but can't seem to be able to identify it.

fishspot.jpg

If you intend to quarantine it, getting a Midas out of tank with live rock will be difficult. You'll probably need to take out the rock it hides in. I used to remove the rock while the blenny was still in it and then transfer fish/rock to the other tank entirely. The thing just would not leave the rock, water or not.

It showed up the day after I added him to the dt. I originally thought it was a fluke, but appears more like a pimple. I read about something called lymphcyst, or something like that, but ruled that out as well. I think its a fish pimple, and like puffer said will hopefully just go away. I'm just going to keep an eye on him.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15567301#post15567301 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Mr. Thingdoer
I guess Jesus wanted to put him in his fish tank up in the sky....

:(

I'm gonna hate to break the news to my daughter

:(

Bring it bqack to CR & tell them this was an ongoing problem since you got him. They may replace it, even though it's past it's guarantee. Best guy to talk to is Glen & he's there on Tuesdays.

I went back today and I've been dealing with Mitch. He's been helpful, and seems like a real nice guy. They had another one that we inspected real well. I got a discount, so I'm giving it another shot.

I'm getting worried about this one now. He's been in hiding since I added him.
He's scared of me, so I have to feed the tank and hide so that he'd come out to eat. Today I fed the tank, and haven't seen him come out yet.

I see him under a rock, but he's not responding. I AM NOT HAPPY ABOUT THIS!!! It's not my husbandry either. My params are absolutely perfect. All my other fish, clam, and SPS are healthy.

Back