Sps have a green tint to them

fatboy40

A few of my sps have turned green on me , ive tried researching it and im not coming up with anything.....i just put a rogue milli in my system from a buddies system just a week ago and now that piece is getting a green tint . any info on this is greatly appreciated .

parameters are
alk 9
cal430
mag 1350
nitrates 0.10
phos 0.04

lighting im running a 20k radium with a electronic ballast that comes with the geisemann fixture. with 3 blue plus and 1 fiji purple ....wondering can it be the electronic ballast ?

water changes 10% weekly

thx in advance

Also his problem is different. All his sps have a tint of green. The thread pointed above is about yellow sps turning green.

I think it is spectrum related. Maybe supplement radiums with blue plus and actinic tubes. You dont really need fiji purple since radium is a nice full spectrum bulb in itself.

Also I would take a chance and do a triton analysis on your water. This will highlight if any trace elements are out of whack.

Good luck.

Also how are your bulbs. A shift in spectrum of these bulbs can cause these problems too. Also to remember is sometimes a bulb is defective or the spectrum changes before the time is up.

Back