Still look for AZTbs Green Milli (pink too!) Will be at PROP Sat....

dmorel

Can I borrow your towel
Hey locals.

I'm still on the lookout for some green milli, particularly if it's Tiff's (AKA AZTbs) strain. This is the piece I grew out from the last frag

31.jpg

sadly I've not found a frag of this since restarting the tank. I'd like to grow out another like that...

I'm also on the lookout for pink milli.

These were pretty much staples around these parts a few years ago and by no means exotic, but I'm not seeing much around these days?

I'm planning on going to the PROP auction Saturday if anyone has a frag they would like to sell and they are going to be there. As a bonus, I'll throw a $10 dollar donation to PROP on top of what you need for the frag.

Some of the other pieces I was hoping to collect seem to be up for auction so I'll take my chances at grabbing those via bidding.

Excited to see some old faces and say hello to some new ones.

Bummer. Appreciate the info, I was a little surprised no one had any. This stuff was so readily available, it's crazy it's all gone. Oh well. I'm sure I'll find *something* interesting tomorrow. (Fair warning my QT is empty, and I've got work to get this tank growing out so gonna be targeting a bunch of stuff!)

Guy who works on my tank with me was speculating that the shift to LED lighting really changed the landscape of corals, and milli's were among the ones that really took a big hit. And curiously digi's are a big thing again instead of just being filler pieces. You stop paying attention for a little while and the whole hobby changes!

Woo hoo Dave is back!

Unfortunately I killed my green A. millepora years ago.

There will be a nice blue milli from Brads tank that you will probably want to check out at least.

Bummer. Appreciate the info, I was a little surprised no one had any. This stuff was so readily available, it's crazy it's all gone. Oh well. I'm sure I'll find *something* interesting tomorrow. (Fair warning my QT is empty, and I've got work to get this tank growing out so gonna be targeting a bunch of stuff!)

I hope I won't be bidding against you too often. There are a few things that I am really interested in also, and I am primarily stocking for SPS. Have been mainly zoas and simple/easy SPS until the past few months.

Good thing I got a surprise bonus this month. I am using it all for SPS. Still I am hoping not to have to bid against you.

Woo hoo Dave is back!

Hope you guys didn't delete my bidder info!

Unfortunately I killed my green A. millepora years ago.

Ugh. It's really gone from PHX isn't it? Bummer.

There will be a nice blue milli from Brads tank that you will probably want to check out at least.

Noted. I will be on the lookout.

I hope I won't be bidding against you too often. There are a few things that I am really interested in also, and I am primarily stocking for SPS. Have been mainly zoas and simple/easy SPS until the past few months.

Good thing I got a surprise bonus this month. I am using it all for SPS. Still I am hoping not to have to bid against you.

I'll be nice. But there are a few pieces I am determined to get. I'm not telling you what they are because...

Please bid against each other on all of my things; thanks. ;)

That could be bad... :)

Hope you guys didn't delete my bidder info!

I'll be nice. But there are a few pieces I am determined to get. I'm not telling you what they are because...

That could be bad... :)

They had mine so I guess they will have yours.

This could be very bad.... There are a couple of pieces I have my heart set on, especially one that Ryan posted a pic last year when PROP first brought it to the valley.

And we have Jeff Porter also. He has always bid more than me. Haven't won one against him yet.

Dave:

I wish I could bring my daughter with me. You'd be shocked that she's now an adult (more or less). My son, who was just a baby in Rochester, will be the runner for the auction.

They had mine so I guess they will have yours.

Awesome. I'll feel very home at home with my traditional number.

This could be very bad.... There are a couple of pieces I have my heart set on, especially one that Ryan posted a pic last year when PROP first brought it to the valley.

And we have Jeff Porter also. He has always bid more than me. Haven't won one against him yet.

I'll buy you a beer, we can commiserate together if he outbids us both ;)

Dave:

I wish I could bring my daughter with me. You'd be shocked that she's now an adult (more or less). My son, who was just a baby in Rochester, will be the runner for the auction.

I'd be shocked if my kid wasn't taking finals in his junior year of college and getting a sublet with girlfriend for the summer right now.

Going to be good to see you, and to see your son too! Awesome he's helping out, does he have the reef bug or do you just put him to work? It's obviously been far too long since we got together, but we've come a long way since URS meetings were in Kevin's basement...

I have a greenish Mille but it's just a baby frag at the moment. It's kinda rainbow like but pretty much green.

Nice. If it grows out well for you, keep me in mind when you frag it. I'll have good stuff to trade by then too.

Dave"

Not sure he has the reef bug yet but he loves this group. Bunch of goofy geeks that enjoy nerd stuff. Definitely my son.

Is this milli the same as Jesse's (frontosaman's) Sunset Milli? I was wondering what happened to that strain, it used to be everywhere..

Is this milli the same as Jesse's (frontosaman's) Sunset Milli? I was wondering what happened to that strain, it used to be everywhere..

I think Tiff's and Jesse's were different. I know for sure I got mine from Tiff, and if memory serves (and let's be fair, that's suspect) I think Jesse got his from LA "back in the day" and brought it with him to the valley.

But yeah, seems like it went from the I can't get rid of this fast enough coral to completely unobtainable in the last few years. Weird right?

Also - hello - been a while, hope you're well!

Back