Stocking list for 120 gallon

cameronesyaqua

My first fish are almost done with QT and I'm searching for the next fish to get. Currently my tank is stocked with 1 Fire Cleaner Shrimp and numerous clean-up crew members, several zoa colonies, some Ricordias and some LPS. In my QT are 7 Blue Green Chromis and a Benggai Cardinal.

This is what I have in mind:
2 more Benggai's
1 Longnose Hawkfish
1 Yellow Belly Blue Hippo Tang
1 Yellow-Eye Kole Tang

I'm not sure what else I should put on my list, but these are some that I like:
Bartlett's Anthias
Six-Line Wrasse
Coral Beauty Angelfish
Mandarin (someday- once pod population is well established)

What should go in my QT next? What else might I want to look into? Would any of these be a problem with another? Any I should or shouldn't be getting in groups?

The only one I would give warning to is the coral beauty angel. I had one in my 44gal with a few different LPS and ricordia and she would nip at them. Don't know if she was actually eating them but she was doing enough damage that they would not open at all during the day or extend to feed at night. I moved her to my 150gal FOWLR and she is the first one to go after my turbo snails. Now, I may have gotten the bully is this one as I've heard people keeping coral beauties with no problem at all, but I figured I would put my experience out there.

best way to avoid the dwarf angels from nipping corals is to properly QT them and get them used to eating prepared foods, so when you put them in a tank full of corals they dont even recognize them as food. but the case is that with any sort of angel you run the risk of coral nips. also if you plan on adding a mandarin to your tank with a six line, make sure you have a very very well established large refugium. 6+ months is a good starting point

Thanks, good advice on the six-line and the coral beauty. My fuge is 35 gal. that has various macros growing well in it. I seeded it a couple of months ago with pods from the fauna kit from Inland Aquatics (seeded the DT as well). Is there anything else I need to do besides just wait?

What should go in next?

Back