Suggestions for removing coral eating crab?

spankey

Well I did the unthinkable. I took a black crab from a buddy. We though he only ate algae.. Well today I seen him come out in daylight and start munching on a Green Digi colony.. He has what apears to be scoops at the ends of his claws. Is black and has hairy legs. This crab is about 3 inches round... I need to get him out of the tank asap before he eats my entire tank. Although I can't rip apart the tank. Is there a trap I could make or links to DIY traps?

Can anyone offer some suggestions?
Thanks for your time and help!!

Spankey:(

I would try putting a drinking glass (with some food in it) in your tank right before you turn the lights out. The crab will crawl in and not be able to crawl out. Or you acn take your live rock out and search it piece by piece.

A few weeks ago, my emerald crab ate part of my ricordia mushroom. I just put a small, empty water bottle in the tank with the labels pulled off close to him with a silverside head in it. The emerald crab went for it within 5 minutes, and was immediately banished to the sump. I don't know if I just got lucky that it worked that fast or what.

The drinking glass worked! Like a charm. He is now boiled crab meat. No more coral eating crab for me today, thank you very much.. LOL

Thanks gain for the tip..

Spankey:)

Back