Sump help

Sigh, 7 days and no updates😂🤣
I don’t have any unfortunately. I went to my LFS, but didn’t see anything I couldn’t live without. There’s another frag show coming in March I’m excited to go! I hope to have a lot of updates then 😆

Now, we’ll need to decide on a pump. I’m a little old school and still use a rio pump for my 40 gallon. I couldn’t find the Rio I have for sale, but the pump in the link below would be a good old school one.

I know that DC controllable pumps are the rage lately. But, honestly, I don’t know much about them. I’ll let someone who knows more chime in.
I’m still using my old supreme…it was sitting in a Rubbermaid tub with some other goodies from 10+ years ago. The prongs on the plug were corroded to the point of breaking off, so I got an extension cord and wired in a relay switch to make it easier to power on/off. Now I don’t have to reach behind the sump to unplug it anymore. I was amazed that it still worked…just needed a little cleaning.

😂 I’ll post an updated video tomorrow. I’ve gotten a few thing since last time. The frag swap is next Saturday, I hope to do some damage there!
You’ve gotten a few things since last update and haven’t let us know:eek:

🤣😉😂

Hey guys! I need some help here. I was in the hobby back in the early 2000s but never dealt with a sump. I have a 40 gallon tank, bought a reef sump 75 and a KI protein skimmer 50. I need assistance setting it up. I have no pre drilled holes in my 40 gal tank for pipes either.
Bulk Reef Supply (BRS) has a DIY video on utube for drilling holes in a glass tank. I am in the research phase of my first saltwater tank and their videos are really helpful I think. Good luck and happy reefing...

Back