Sump help

I like it. I think it’ll do better in the DT though. I don’t think it was able to properly skim when it was in the sump due to the overflow box issue. We will see 🤞🏼

Hey guys! I need some help here. I was in the hobby back in the early 2000s but never dealt with a sump. I have a 40 gallon tank, bought a reef sump 75 and a KI protein skimmer 50. I need assistance setting it up. I have no pre drilled holes in my 40 gal tank for pipes either.
I’d get rid of all of it.. a run it with an in tank sump .. return pump an a couple air pumps.. the more equipment you add the more problems you’ll have

There’s an attachment for HOB so I assumed it could….it doesn’t really specify 🤷🏼‍♀️
Yeah...dont think its HOB. Think its Hang in sump.......there are some great HOB skimmers (I know as I think I own all of them LOL). Too bad you are not local otherwise I would give you one....Aquamaxx makes a good one or a used eshopps PSK75.....heck, even that Seaclone with mods is a good skimmer......good luck

I’d get rid of all of it.. a run it with an in tank sump .. return pump an a couple air pumps.. the more equipment you add the more problems you’ll have
This was my fist post, a lot has happened since this post
Yeah...dont think it’s HOB. Think it’s Hang in sump.......there are some great HOB skimmers (I know as I think I own all of them LOL). Too bad you are not local otherwise I would give you one....Aquamaxx makes a good one or a used eshopps PSK75.....heck, even that Seaclone with mods is a good skimmer......good luck
I used to have a Seaclone and it worked great!

Specs Here. Just make sure its what you want...Note that it is a little loud until it breaks in....and them becomes less irritating... LOL

Specs Here. Just make sure its what you want...Note that it is a little loud until it breaks in....and them becomes less irritating... LOL
Looks good to me!

Any updates Joy?

Any updates Joy?
Not really. I took everything off and I’m running it on a the Tidal filter for now. It’s looking better but the zoa frag I got to test it out a week ago won’t come out, not dead just looks angry. I’m waiting for my ICP test to get here so I can send a water sample off to find out if there’s something in the water I can’t test for. I hope to get answers so I can fix the issue because not knowing is becoming extremely frustrating!

I keep looking at my previous tank 20 years ago and get so frustrated because it was absolutely beautiful!

My fish on the other hand are happy little pigs and they’re keeping me going. I picked them so they’re my responsibility and I want to keep them happy and safe 😊

Stay the course. I feel your frustration. I’ve been in the hobby for a billion years and I’ve never had a more frustrating tank than the one I have now. Every time turn around, something else goes wrong. I look at it this way, how can it get worse.

Stay the course. I feel your frustration. I’ve been in the hobby for a billion years and I’ve never had a more frustrating tank than the one I have now. Every time turn around, something else goes wrong. I look at it this way, how can it get worse.
I’m sorry you’re struggling as well! I don’t want to give up, I’m definitely hanging in there. I saw an Aquatop 40 gallon cube tonight with a built in overflow box. It was $600 for everything and I’m seriously considering starting from fresh and transferring everything once it’s cycled…maybe I’m weird but I have this odd feeling something is my water I can’t correct. It was just odd how the corals I got prior to adding the sump were doing great and now everything but hermits and fish aren’t pissed off lol

I’m sorry you’re struggling as well! I don’t want to give up, I’m definitely hanging in there. I saw an Aquatop 40 gallon cube tonight with a built in overflow box. It was $600 for everything and I’m seriously considering starting from fresh and transferring everything once it’s cycled…maybe I’m weird but I have this odd feeling something is my water I can’t correct. It was just odd how the corals I got prior to adding the sump were doing great and now everything but hermits and fish aren’t pissed off lol
I feel for you and agree. Your situation is really weird. I’ve followed your progress from the beginning and was looking forward to following your progress with your, “improvements” that turned out to be no such thing. I’m sorry you’re dealing with this. To me, the hobby gives me a lot more joy (no pun intended) than it upsets me. So, I keep plugging along.

Back