Sump material, acrylic, Perspex, pvc what are they made of?

Duzzy73

Hi there,

looking to do my own sump but in searching for acrylic a heap of other names come up like pvc, acrylic, cast, Perspex etc some of these are no doubt brands however I’m after the name of the actual material that some of these new fancy custom sumps are made from

regards Duzzy

Here you go Duzzy.

It says not to use solvent cement but I was under the impression that’s what is used. Thankyou for the link.

regards Duzzy

I have always heard of some form of Weld-On being used
Seems like #4
Looks like the industry is changing because fumes.

SCIGRIP Weld-On 4 Cement​

Weld-On4_All-xl-385x320.jpg

I dont think Weld-On makes it anymore?

I have always heard of some form of Weld-On being used
Seems like #4
Looks like the industry is changing because fumes.

SCIGRIP Weld-On 4 Cement​

Weld-On4_All-xl-385x320.jpg

I dont think Weld-On makes it anymore?
Yeah that’s the one I have heard of this and the pin method then number 16 for any gaps.

Another thing I have never done/ Where are you getting the acrylic? Ask them maybe.
Never done pin method or acrylic work? I found out the place that sells the acrylic has recommended glues/solvents for different applications.

Never done pin method or acrylic work? I found out the place that sells the acrylic has recommended glues/solvents for different applications.

I always used glass tanks to make sumps with salvage glass I cut for baffles. When I needed something bigger I went with Rubbermaid stock tanks.

My current sump is made from a 40 gallon, 100 gallon and 150 gallon plumbed together. There doesn't seem to be a pic of that on here.

Back