sumps

i made my sump using a 40 breeder and some acrylic sheets from home depot. cheap, easy, and you can design it how you want

I'm with Brett. I took a 90g shallow sump divided 3/4 of it and it's a fraction of the coast of a premade sump. I have 5 large chambers to play with

I've worked with a few of them and like them just fine. I have had 2 leak on me though. 1 right out of the box the other about a year of use.

I'm making my first sump for my 120g. 40 breeder from $1 sale at petco and glass baffles will probably cost $75 at most.

Doesn't trade fair hardware in copaigue still sell those awesome prefab polypropylene containers?
They're not very expensive and are very customizable. You can find them from 5-5000 gallons.

ordered the aqueon model 4 from foster and smith with the bio ball kit 207 for sump seems link a good price hopefully it all works out .now to find a pump and skimmer that will fit inside thinking wave line any thoughts on this pump like the idea of the low electrical usage

ED,
I have the DC 10000 on my 250 running on 5 out of 6 speeds.
Knock on wood @ 1 year all is A-OK.
Less than 80 Watts.
I'm happy!

Ed, I would find a flow chart & go from there.
The DC pumps do not have a good head pressure rating.
& I have no idea on their ratings.

Ed I jumped on the bandwagon before Jaebo was made.
It is said that all these pumps are made in the same factory but with slight modifications for each company.
I also have a Waveline DC 12000 as a backup since they don't have the 10000 anymore.
It's really too soon to be able to answer that question, my only thoughts are -
Coralvue seems to be having problems with their skimmer pumps so I would look @ something else if needed. Great support but who needs the trouble.

Back