Sunset

Misled

RC Mod
Staff member
RC Mod
From the patio tonight

DSC_2448_edited-1.jpg

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13027086#post13027086 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by snommisbor
Nice photo. Here is one I took a few months ago, my son said it looked like a dragon in the sky.

DSC_4157.jpg

Beautiful shot!

Gorgeous sunsets Misled & Snommisbor....your son's right! It does look like a dragon!!! :)

Here a few shots I took of our sunsets here in Las Vegas!
Enjoy! :)

Desert Sunset
DesertSunset.jpg
[/IMG]

Echo Bay Sunset (also near Lake Mead, NV)
SunsetA.jpg
[/IMG]

Nevada Skies (This shot was taken in my backyard-notice the sunset reflection in the roof of my truck)
NevadaSkies.jpg
[/IMG]

Nice shots, I can say with some authority that my sunsets shots suck. As is my landscape shots in general. But I'm learning.

Doug, this is thanks to you. I gave away an old Pentax 35mm set-up that I used 10-15 years ago. It had a few Conkin filters in it I found and since the holder didn't fit the new lenses I have, I just held it in front. Gonna have to play with this some more.

DSC_2547_edited-1.jpg

man are those some great shots. i wish i had some nice clouds out when i was taking my sunset shots. but here are two just for the heck of it. they are two different nights BTW. and one while waiting for the sunset

IMG_1934.jpg

Bridge3.jpg

IMG_1977.jpg

this is a little off topic, nighttime pictures. I was in iraq for 12 months and we had a really bad storm during the rainy season, which lasts one month lol and it rains atleast 48 inches just in that one month, then no more rain the entire year. Anyways, my best friend and I took a combine 600 pictures that night to get these 3. i will post them one after another.

196045light1.JPG

notice the helicopter in this picture, it was being refueled during this lightning storm, it was a dangerous day...

196045light3-med.JPG

also, the echo bay photo is amazing, i feel like i am there feeling the breeze, lol, that is a very in depth photo, would you mind if i use it as a back drop on my cpu?

Just out of interest, and to help us newbies along, could any of you post up some details on settings/equipment you are using for these beautiful shots. Like if you are using a tripod, what shutter speed, any filters etc. I have just bought a Canon 40D with the 17-85 kit lense and also bought the EF 70-200 1:4 L lens. I would love to be able to take some shots like this, I'll give it a crack over the weekend.

Thanks,
Dave.

Dave, i will give you my shot settings for that L. lol.

heres the settings of the last pic i took... it was my first sunset shoot, so i was experimenting...

Camera Make: Canon
Camera Model: Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XTi
Flash Used: No
Focal Length: 55.0mm
Exposure Time: 0.0012 s (1/800)
Aperture: f/5.6
ISO Equiv.: 100
Exposure Bias: -0.67
Whitebalance: Auto
Metering Mode: matrix
Exposure: shutter priority (semi-auto)

Back