Sunset

Thanks for that. Hopefully the L lens will be a good choice for what I want to do with it, i like motorsport, V8 Supercars here in Australia, and am going to a few events over the next year or two. Hope to get some good photos with it.

So large appeture/fast shutter speed is the go? Thought it might have been better the other way around, but thats tripod territory I guess. I should have a tripod next week, but I'll have to go without one this weekend.

Thanks for the help.
Dave.

Hey guys,

Here's one more from last year's vacation in Arizona. We visited this overlook at sunset and also visited Antelope Canyons (both upper and lower) in the Navajolands while we were in the area.....beautiful country!

Dave I included the EXIF data for you. Hope that helps a little.

Enjoy! :)

HBend8x10.jpg
[/IMG]

Camera Model: Olympus Evolt E-410
Focal Length: 8.0mm Ultra Wide Angle Lens
Aperture: f/4.0
Exposure Time: 0.017 s (1/60)
Flash Used: No
ISO Equiv.: 100
Whitebalance: Manual
Metering Mode: matrix
Exposure Bias: 1.00
Exposure: aperture priority (semi-auto)
Exposure Mode: Manual
Exposure Mode: Auto bracketing

i wanna go to arizona now!! lol.

Davez, you absolutley right! i messed up as it was my first sunset shoot. heres the settings of the second shoot i did. (second picture i posted)

Camera Make: Canon
Camera Model: Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XTi
Flash Used: No
Focal Length: 55.0mm
Exposure Time: 30.000 s
Aperture: f/22.0
ISO Equiv.: 200
Whitebalance: Auto
Exposure: shutter priority (semi-auto)

Got to love the sunsets around here in August!!!! This usually means it's gonna be a hot one tomorrow!!!!

DSC_3737_edited-1.jpg

Ah, what the heck. Everyone else is playing. This is in California's Mojave Desert, a town called Boron, specifically. It's in the Edwards AFB area.

joshuatree2.jpg

awesome pics all, :thumbsup: these are some shots I took that help keep some good memories fresh in my mind...

White Sands, New Mexico
ARIZONA648.jpg

my kids...
ARIZONA647.jpg

Dryden, Ontario Canada -> Summer Time :D
route_lake07_06.jpg

route_lake07_09.jpg

route_lake07_08.jpg

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet Dennis!!!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13302487#post13302487 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by mana
bump1yf4.gif

I love this thread. :p

Ok, since you asked. From last night!!

DSC_4360_edited-2.jpg

DSC_4368_edited-1.jpg

DSC_4394_edited-1.jpg

Jesse, top of page, did you zoom in on the sky to get that brilliant all orange pic?

Back