Super Squirt + Dart =?

Solitaryensis

Anyone try this setup? I have the chance to get a good deal on this used setup but am a bit concerned about whether the super squirt can handle the flow if i run it in sequence. In theory, each outlet will get approx. 2500gph and maybe more, depending on how much head loss ill have. I can also split the pump off and have one line going directly into the tank and the other into the oceans motions.

Any suggestion or experience with this setup?

TIA

It would be best to split it into the Squirt and Return. The SS only comes in a 1" inlet, creating loss with the 1.5" outlet of the Dart.

HTH

Karl,
Yeah, that was my initial thought. i THINK that by the time i reduce the dart and with headloss, i should be at about 2500gph or less, which would be perfect. My other concern was that i would have too much pressure coming from each outlet.

Even when you use drum ver 1 (1, 2, 3 , 4, repeated), the output most of time will be two (1&2, 2&3, 3&4, 4&1, repeated).

For drum ver 2 (1 & 2, 2 & 3, 3 & 4, 4 & 1, repeated), it will be 1&2&3 ...... You get the idea..

This is what I see on my SS.

go split lines and try to go with pipe diameter that maintains the same volume as a 1.5".
2 1" lines(1 into the SS and one return) would most likely greatly reduce the output of the pump. u may want to oversize the return line just so u reduce any head loss.

on my hammerhead+OM 4way(2 output always open), i have a 1.5" line going into the 1.5" OM which then outputs through 2 1.5" openings. the output is probably seeing 1500-2000 gph through each.

Back