Superman monti

Tracey2

I am reading conflicting info re lighting for this coral, some say high instense lighting and some say low. Has anyone here kept this coral longterm, could you share your care of this coral?

Thanks in advance

It will adapt to lower light IME, but develops a brighter/deeper blue and brighter polyps under stronger light.

Thanks Dustin, any other tips, do you have a sm?

I had a small frag awhile back and it seemed to be doing great about half way up my tank under T5's and then all of a sudden it turned white over a 2-3 day period.

I have a new monti coming tonight and would like to give it the best chance for success.

I haven't had any problem with it. Stable alk and cal, no nitrate phos. Does just fine in my tank under an ATI sunpower about halfway up.

First start with a good quality superman....some of those mari/aquacultured "superman" are just not that nice....brown polyps etc. no matter what you do.

I have had it in my systems for years. I have never seen mine care about light. Higher up means more blue it does fine anywhere, Any color loss or tissue loss has always been do to water quality. Light has never been a problem.

Back