swallow tail angelfish

papa.250

Just wondering what peoples experience is with these types of fish. Going to get two lamark angelfish, was thinking I need more. what about adding some of the watanabei in with them. Do the angelfish turn into males? Do they pick on wrasses. I getting a 180 gallon set up, probably enough room I would think..
Thank for the help

No idea if different Genicanthus angels will get along on a long-term basis. My experience with these fish is completely positive. I've got a 3-4" Lamarck's (female) who is very nicely behaved - she doesn't allow others to push her around, but she's also completely non-aggressive. Other fish just seem to get out of her way; she's the undisputed Queen of her tank.

BTW, [welcome]

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10488639#post10488639 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by ACBlinky
My experience with these fish is completely positive. I've got a 3-4" Lamarck's (female) who is very nicely behaved - she doesn't allow others to push her around, but she's also completely non-aggressive.

I have exactly the same experience with my pair of blackspot swallowtails...

i just recently added a female Genicanthus melanospilus, and she was chased for about a day by my Scopas tang. The next day the scopas would come up to her and she wouldraise her fins and not move and he kind of got the picture. They are all now happy and fine. The only thing is when my school of Chromis' get close she kind of bolts at one a short distance to get the away, besides that no aggression.

wantanabei female and melanospilus female introduced a 2 weeks ago.
In the process as we speak.

I had a 5" female Watanabei and a 3" Swallowtail (Swallow Tail) together for about 6 months. No real problems. Occationally a 2 second chase, butthat was it.

My female watanabei chased a new, smaller melanospilus female relentlessly. The male watanabei could care less. You could always do a harem of the same species if in doubt.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10496581#post10496581 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by mothra
My female watanabei chased a new, smaller melanospilus female relentlessly. The male watanabei could care less. You could always do a harem of the same species if in doubt.
I hope it ends at some point LOL.
Boh are eating and doing ok.

Back