switching from power compacts to MH

pjbusby

Next week I will be ready to switch from my old lights to a new metal halide setup (250 watt). So do I need to slowly transition or can I just switch all at once.

I think the best way is to go ahead and switch the lights, but put 2 layers of egg crate(light diffuser) over the tank. after 2 or 3 days remove one layer and then after 2 or 3 more days remove the other layer.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15303525#post15303525 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by JoshPremierAuto
I'm still newer at this but I would bring it in slowly if you are able to fit both lighting.
Welcome ya' Noob!

You can usually find it at Lowe's/Home Depot in the lighting section, they will probably call it light diffuser. Some club members often have some lying around. Maybe someone that has some will chime in here.

Question:are you going with just the straight metal halide or are you going to continue to use one or both of your PC,s?

The Metal Halide has 2 pc's in the fixture, that I will use for the time being... I think they are 28 watts, eventually I plan on dismantelling the old fixture and combining those in with the MH fixture so I can have them run for awhile then have the MH come on later and then have it shut-off and the pc's come on for a more natural light cycle. that is after I get my new tank setup and I have a canopy to use, for now I am stuck with only fixtures that I can set on top or hang.

Does that seem like a good idea or bad?

Back