Tank and equipment help

Davidb6

Been out of the hobby for a while and getting back in. This time I am going as small as possible - mini or even pico and could use some help with a tank.
Plan on doing weekly water changes so equipment should be minimal.

Need help with - tank, lights (assume SPS corals), heater, air pump (battery backup)

Tank - Looking at Waterbox nano cube - Positive side - looks like nice clear glass, has a section in the back to hide a heater and small circle pump. Negative - larger than I wanted...was shooting for 2 to 3 gal

Light - Nano Box Reef Mini Tide Plus M LED Light or Kessil Tuna Blue A80 LED Light w/ mini gooseneck

Heater - ??? (need good controller due to water volume and be able to fit in the back

Airpump -???

Any help is appreciated

How about the Fluval Evo 5 gallon? I had the Fluval spec 5 with up graded pump, lights, wavemaker and temp controller connected to a fan. Never needed a heater as the pumps acts as a constant heaters. Why do you want an air pump?

I like the Fluval but was looking for smaller.
"Why air pump" - was reading up on Pico and find lots of people with good success with air pump, light and heater. Wanted to give it a try

I don't like air pump in a salt water tank because it just makes a huge mess with salt that goes everywhere around the outside of the tank.

I like the Fluval but was looking for smaller.
"Why air pump" - was reading up on Pico and find lots of people with good success with air pump, light and heater. Wanted to give it a try

I wasn't even aware they made many tanks under 5 gallons! Good luck with the build

Back