Tank Of The Month - December 2008

I have been experimenting with the new NP Biopellets for about 2 months now and am no longer dosing vodka. So far, so good. I also changed my lighting a bit and now use phoenix 14k halides supplemented with an assortment of T5s. I really like the look. I have been thinking of posting some new photos and will do so soon.
I just received a new membrane from Seavisions, so as far as I know they are still there.

Paul,
Thanks for the reply, i will try and contact them again. How do those NP biopellets work exactly? amd how often do you use them? Any advantages over vodka?

I picked up two bags of the bio pellets, I think it has been a week from the time i put them in a TLF phosban reactor with a good amount of flow through them.

How have you found the pellets working for your system? Also im extremely excited to see some updated photos as i am currently planning a larger system for a new house, :)

Paul,
What a magnificent reef! Great variety of corals and species. Really is quiet amazing!
I like how the power heads are all on the center overflow. I really like that a lot. I'm guessing that the other end of the magnets are inside the overflow and would be exposed to the salt water? How do you find the flow in your tank? is it hard to work with with respect to placing corals or not at all? I find that in my 90 its very difficult as flow bounces off the planes and interferes with other flow patterns. Im sure with a much larger area, its easier?

Again thanks for video. If you decide to post other content in another thread please send me the link. Thanks

Rob

Back