Tank Of The Month - December 2008

Absolutely amazing! Oasis is the perfect word to describe your set up. There are really only three TOTMs that really just take my breath away and yours is definitely one of them. Fantastic job!

Congratulations! Absolutely stunning. The best I have ever seen. The picture of your clown fish in the H. gigantea - just unreal, like a scene from the ocean.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13898893#post13898893 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by MeuserReef
Dude.... this has got to be the nicest "reef-room" shot I have ever seen!
Couldn't agree more, fantastic work!!! :thumbsup:

I love the mixedness of your reef... as you stated you have a tremendous biodiversity in your tank, and the end-product is simply phenomenal.

what a great way to end 2008. I am amazed at the setup you have, and hope to one day know as much about the hobby as you do :)

one of my favs for sure.

Congratulations!!! Paul

Hey, it my dream room, you beat me to it. ;) By the way do I know you from some where? :D Like to come over and see it in person :)

Again Congratulations

Daniel

Wow folks I'm speechless. Thank you all! That room is my "oasis" and I decompress in there after work a lot.
Daniel! I havn't seen you in a long time. Your welcome anytime bud. There is usually a tank tour whenever the BRS has a meeting near Bridgewater as well.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13899404#post13899404 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by m0nk
Gotta say, that is the coolest tank viewing room I've ever seen. :D

There's calm, soothing music too. :D

Congratulations on RC's TOTM Paul! What's that, two TOTM rewards in a year? From top to bottom (basement even), this tank cuts no corners. Amazing set-up. :smokin:

Absolutely phenomenal tank. Very well deserved. I love the aesthetic of the tank the the entire surrounding room it is in.
Continued good luck.

AMAZING, simply AMAZING!!!!!

I love the room that it's in! I love the tank room! and I love the how well thought out the tank is.

Congrats!!

P.S. This is my favorite TOTM so far!

I've been following your thread(s) for some time now and figured it was only a matter of time until your system was voted TOTM. Congratulations on a wonderful system! I am in love with your non-photosynthetic gorgonians. What are you experimenting with for feeding them? Also, are you happy with your WavySeas, and what model Tunze streams are you connecting to the WavySea?

wow, unbelievable setup!! The installation is beautiful and lots of time and thought obviously went in to this. I like the logic of the fan on the wall controlled from the basement in times of water cooling need!

I feed the gorgonian a variety of foods. I use some of the Fauna Marin preparations like ultra min and ultra clam, Bio Marine Algamac-3000, and GP Reef and Larval Fish Diet. Right now I'm trying Ocean Nutrition baby brine shrimp. It seems to like them.
As for the Tunzes, there are a couple different models in use, some that I have had for many years. The wavy seas have worked beautifully since I got them about 3 years ago. The newer Tunze 6085s are attached to them now using a DIY modification. It's just a piece of PVC endcap with a screw that holds the Tunze on. Very easy to do.
The fan on the wall works better than I could have hoped. The temp has never exceeded 80.3 F even in the dog days of summer.

Awesome tank x10. Oh, let's make it x100 :)

Like a few others, I love the anemone/clown pic. Really does look like a shot in the wild. And I don't think that lounge chair has been put to good use. Where's the butt print, hehe ;)

Back