Tank of the Month - February '06

Does anyone have any idea how much this setup would cost?

Holy $%#@&$!$, this is the most incredible ocean scene beyond a real ocean reef, that I have ever seen. I looked in awe at all of the photos and must agree that this should be the tank of the month every month, every year.. or that it is so beyond any other it just gets a permanent feature on this site! WOW

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6754621#post6754621 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Triggerfish
sweet!!!..but bi-weekly removal/replacement of sandbed=not for me.

meant to say "bi-monthly"..almost just as bad..

I cannot agree more with the comments on this setup. Nothing short of stunning !!! I'm typically very impressed with all the tank-of-the-month features, but this is hand-down the most beautiful !!! I'd love to see this in person.

Pieter, congrats on your acheviement, your tank is unbelievably beautiful.

Incredible craftsmanship, vision, imagination, dedication, engineering, and all the other appropriate superlatives!

Can this be nominated for totyf? (tank of the year, forever)

I am completely blown away by this tank. I've never seen anything even come close to it in home aquariums. The attention to detail is unreal. An amazing collection of corals in an incredibly created environment.

Bravo!! :beer:

The 14 K bulbs are made by Aqua Connect.

The company which built the tank is Aqua Compleet . They have built more tanks like these, many of these are located in offices and stores.

BigSkyBart - if you have a complaint about how the board is operated, it belongs here, not in this thread.

As for the removed post, it wasn't deleted, it was removed from view. When a members first post is devoted to a tirade, such as that, it often will garner a closer look.

Let's move on with the subject at hand.

Cheers

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6782568#post6782568 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Tanu
The 14 K bulbs are made by Aqua Connect.

Hello,
Can you please describe these 1000w bulbs? I am unable to find them online. Are they single or double ended bulbs? If single ended, can they be burned in a vertical position? If you can provide a link to them, it would be greatly appreciated.
Sincerley,
Joe

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6788881#post6788881 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Tagareef
Joe,

Here is the Aqua Connect bulbs website link. It does not list a 1000W 14KK bulb. The home page is at aquaconnect.com

Luis

Thanks Luis, they do list a 1000W HIT E40 Brenner PL 10000 Plus
der Brenner hat ca. 11200 Kelvin
with a cost of 298 euros... ouch, the price hurts more then touching one of the bulbs thats been burning for 10 hours :eek:
Thanks again,
Joe

Back