Tank of the month - January 2003

Thanks guys. I've really enjoyed my Tank of the Month month.

golf nut - I just checked your site. Beautiful tank! I really love the way you bowed your whole stand like that. Incredible rockwork and an amazing variety of corals! Tell us more about your system? How long has this tank been set up?

Susan...

CONGRATULATIONS! I mean it! I have been following your tank for a very long time now. As you know, one day, I'll have a tank of my own and I know that your experience will help me a lot. I believe, like others, that you deserve this for your patience, your discipline and your step by step approach. It is belief that your way, is the way this hobby should be practiced.

In any case, hope your reef keeps growing and thriving.

I hope that when I grow up (meaning, when I finally have the money to establish my reef...), mine will turn up just as good as yours.

Again... Congratulations! :thumbsup:

Mary.

awesome,but I have 1 no 2 questions.Do you have a life and do you have a job. I know my little 55 gal takes alot.very very very nice.

filishy - hang in there. I spent over a year researching before adding water but it also took this long to get my stand built and pay for the equipment. It was worth it though, just to be able to start out with good equipment.

RIVERROBSKI - I figured someone would ask me this at some point. I do have a job, I do freelance web design but I work from home and my tank is next to my office so I can see it quite easily from my desk. Unfortunately my fish can see me too and when it gets close to a feeding time they all gather at the end nearest me and start begging. One day my copperband butterfly is going to knock himself out on the glass trying to get my attention :) My work takes a LOT of time but being a single mother and an obsessive reefer I'm very lucky I don't have to drive to an office somewhere to do it. I have long since lost the concept of 9-5/Monday-Friday.

Working from home not only means I'm here for my son when he gets home from school but I can also feed my fish regularly and fuss over every little thing I perceive could be a problem in my tank or jump up and take a picture when something is looking particularly good. My work arrangement takes discipline and dedication but then so does my tank. It's not for everyone but it works for me.

Do I have a life? You bet - I wouldn't have it any other way.

Back