Tank of the Month - January 2006

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6443513#post6443513 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by mortenN
Roughly 29.5 W x 23.5 x 29.5 H.
No, they don't nip at all.
I introduce the angels at the night, it's no problem.
Yes, it's only 90 g. :)
I too among many find it very surprising especially from the picture with the comparative objects next to the tank that it is a 90 gal. it looks more like 900 gal. it is however the best looking "90" gal reef i have ever seen.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7636342#post7636342 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by reef888
I too among many find it very surprising especially from the picture with the comparative objects next to the tank that it is a 90 gal. it looks more like 900 gal. it is however the best looking "90" gal reef i have ever seen.

Thanks,
It's possible to make much with a good camera. The true is 90 gal.

Wow...amazing tank!!!!
Is the yellow headed jawfish in that reef?
If so...do you have any tips on aclimitizing and keeping
that fish?
thanks

Thanks for the compliment of the tank.

Sorry, but i don't know the name of the fish you ask me about. If I know the name/fish, of course I will help you.

Thanks again.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9299401#post9299401 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by uglyshark
Sweet, i wish my home looked like that.

Thank you for the compliment.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9325205#post9325205 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by NuReef
Any recent tank pics/updates?

Ricky

Sorry, no more pics from this tank. I have take it down and will start a new project after I have move away to a new house. I will restart a little bigger tank from scratch.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9447583#post9447583 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by NuReef
Best of luck to you..'
Ricky

Thank you, I will do my best with the new tank also.

The Best

The Best

Hi Morten

I have your tank saved as my favorite and even after this time it is still my favorite, I just wanted to see if you had your new tank up and running? The tank has been an inspiration a tank to aspire to congratulations.

Sharkey

Re: The Best

Re: The Best

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9666392#post9666392 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by sharkey
Hi Morten

I have your tank saved as my favorite and even after this time it is still my favorite, I just wanted to see if you had your new tank up and running? The tank has been an inspiration a tank to aspire to congratulations.

Sharkey
Nice to hear you have the tank saved to your favorite, we all need some inspiration in between.
I don't have any new tank yet.
Thanks.

Hi! It's amazing tank for me. I would like to ask some questions:
1) How much LR do you have in your tank?
2) I was amazed that you use 2 250W HQI+T5. Not too much ? Of course if corals grow up it means everything is ok but in Polish forums everybody says about 1W fo each 1L and your tank is much more above this border.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10370861#post10370861 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Mirandola
Hi! It's amazing tank for me. I would like to ask some questions:
1) How much LR do you have in your tank?
2) I was amazed that you use 2 250W HQI+T5. Not too much ? Of course if corals grow up it means everything is ok but in Polish forums everybody says about 1W fo each 1L and your tank is much more above this border.

Thanks for the complement,

1) I have approximate 30-35 kg LR in this tank. The LR was really porous.

2) The rule of thumb is about 1w for each Liter, but I think I have more "intense" colour with more light over the tank. One more ting, I must have the two lamps to fill out with light in the corners and to the bottom of the tank. I also like to have light from more than one side of the corals. They will not have any "shade" and will look better from several sides.
If you have 2x250w MH and 4x24wT5 in a tank with this size, be carefully so you do not "toast and burn" the corals when you put them into the tank. Start to put them at the bottom in the tank for good acclimatization to strong light. Use some days, maybe weeks to move them up in the tank.
Different sort corals use different time to become acclimatized.

Good luck in Polen.

I have one more question. How do you move your corals in the bottom of tank. Are you diving or have 213mm height and very long hands :D

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10377526#post10377526 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Mirandola
I have one more question. How do you move your corals in the bottom of tank. Are you diving or have 213mm height and very long hands :D

Hehe, very long hands. :cool:
I have acclimatisation for the light in the fragtank.

Hey Morten, when I go on my world tour of aquariums, I am definitely going to visit you. Having a hard time importing nokkelost and tran!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10381716#post10381716 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by jnarowe
Hey Morten, when I go on my world tour of aquariums, I am definitely going to visit you. Having a hard time importing nokkelost and tran!

HEHE, of course you are welcome. I will absolute provide for nøkkelost (clove cheese) and tran. (cod-liver oil)

Well funny thing is I just got in 160 lbs. of Nokkel and 3 dozen Mollers Tran. :) I would love to visit Norway...maybe get my SON card renewed in Norwegian! :lol:

Back