Tank of the Month - January 2006

What was your experience pairing the regals? Were you able to determine the sex before putting them together? Any introduction procedure?
56032DSC07340.JPG

Unebelievable tank! The success of your tank is a powerful inspiraton for others. Just looking at the pictures of your tank is captivating, and it must certainly be even more beautiful in person. Thank you sincerely for sharing your beautiful tank on Reef Central!!

HM Digital In-line Dual TDS Meter, what readings on in and out of this meter, would make you decide to change the filters, mine reads 540ppm in and out 10ppm, i do not have a pressure gauge on mine, do i just drill a hole in the mebrane housing, tread a brass t in there and install a pressure gauge on it?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6600830#post6600830 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Flighty
What was your experience pairing the regals? Were you able to determine the sex before putting them together? Any introduction procedure?

Hello.
No, I don't determine the sex before putting them together. When I introduce the second one I only put him in the tank.
My experience with fish is there is no solution answer.

Maybe you will find some help in this good thread.
Regal Angel thread

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6601735#post6601735 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by pepe.king.prawn
Unebelievable tank! The success of your tank is a powerful inspiraton for others. Just looking at the pictures of your tank is captivating, and it must certainly be even more beautiful in person. Thank you sincerely for sharing your beautiful tank on Reef Central!!

Thanks a lot.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6614193#post6614193 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by obybobie
HM Digital In-line Dual TDS Meter, what readings on in and out of this meter, would make you decide to change the filters, mine reads 540ppm in and out 10ppm, i do not have a pressure gauge on mine, do i just drill a hole in the mebrane housing, tread a brass t in there and install a pressure gauge on it?

Mine reads 57-ppm in and 0-ppm out. I change the IO filter with 1 or 2-ppm.
IMO: I don't think you need some pressure gauge. In my RO/IO from Kent it was standard from the manufacturer.

Congrats MortenN :D
I have been meaning to post here ever since I first saw your tank made TOTM. I have enjoyed your pictures and contributions to the SPS forum for some time now. Definately well deserved! Beautifull tank, both the inhabitants and the equipment/surroundings that are utilized to keep them happy:D
Chris

Thank you very much Chris for your Congrats!
It's also cheerful to hear you have enjoyed my pictures and contributions in the SPS forum.
Hope to meet you in the forum again :)

Thanks.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6673359#post6673359 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by narcist21
That is one tank that I absolutely strive for someday!! Of course with a little of my own flair! Beautiful.

Thanks again.

Morten great tank again! About your Geisman Megachrome bulbs, with all the other lights turned off does it have a 14k(blue) color or more of a 10000k(white to yellow) color? Any particular reason you chose these bulbs?

I think all the superlatives have been used already- so I'll just add WOW what a stunning tank.

I see you have two regals in there (also my favourite), do you have any agression between them, when you added the second was there a significant size difference and did they settle OK.

Haydn

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6798396#post6798396 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by astrea
Morten great tank again! About your Geisman Megachrome bulbs, with all the other lights turned off does it have a 14k(blue) color or more of a 10000k(white to yellow) color? Any particular reason you chose these bulbs?

Thanks astrea.
I have only use Giesemann megachrome 14.5 K and can sorry not tell you about 14K or 10K, I think they look about Giesemann 14.5 K... :)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6838566#post6838566 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by haydn
I think all the superlatives have been used already- so I'll just add WOW what a stunning tank.

I see you have two regals in there (also my favourite), do you have any agression between them, when you added the second was there a significant size difference and did they settle OK.

Haydn

Thanks Haydn!
When I put the second regal in the tank they was in the same kind of size.
Agression was not a problem with them.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7097630#post7097630 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by astrea
Morten-I meant the 14.5k.Thanks

Yes, I mean they have colour like a 14.5K ;) .
They are not blue, more white/yellow, OK? I think they are very good bulbs, I have good growht and good colour on my SPS. I also use the same bulb in my fragtank without actinic and have also good colour on the frags. My avitar "A.echinata" is from my fragtank and have never seen actinic, only Giesemann megachrome 14.5K.

Back