Tank of the Month - January 2006

Really impressive! Very well aquascaped, beautiful selection of corals and a very nice fish-population. A tank to dream of :)

Thanks everybody, it's very cheerful with all this nice compliments from the world-wide.

Tanu, you already have your own "dream tank" :)

Hi MortenN
Congrats on the tank, your corals are very beautiful. Your tank is also very clean. What do you contribute to this cleaniness. I was also wondering, why do you use a uv sterizier and ozone together?

Congrats!
I had a quick question.
How do get by with so many fish in a 90 gallon tank? The naso and the regals alone are 30 inches of fish right?

LOVE the tank, as do all of its viewers I'm sure...this is the first post that I've heard mention of a bare-bottom reef tank-- sounds cool, I like my sand though! Great Pics!!!

Absolutely gorgeous! You're a pretty good photographer also!
It's so hard to take good pics of a tank. CONGRATS!

You said you use a Canon 20D - is that a digital camera? I cannot believe the clarity and precision of your pictures! I was wondering what settings you use on your camera so that I might be able to capture photos as beautiful as yours.

I was planning on setting up a cube, and then I saw your tank. It gives me hope of setting up a good lookin' reef! Thanks for sharing your tank and time .:thumbsup:

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6521574#post6521574 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by druluv
Hi MortenN
Congrats on the tank, your corals are very beautiful. Your tank is also very clean. What do you contribute to this cleaniness. I was also wondering, why do you use a uv sterizier and ozone together?
Thanks.
"uv sterizier and ozone together?" because they do different things.

Last edited:
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6535798#post6535798 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by crapper5
Congrats!
I had a quick question.
How do get by with so many fish in a 90 gallon tank? The naso and the regals alone are 30 inches of fish right?

Thanks for the Congrats!
No, my fish are not so big yet :D, maybe a good skimmer is the key. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6539372#post6539372 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by maloga3
LOVE the tank, as do all of its viewers I'm sure...this is the first post that I've heard mention of a bare-bottom reef tank-- sounds cool, I like my sand though! Great Pics!!!

Thanks!
If you will learn more about BB, it's plenty searchable info on the SPS Keepers forum on RC.

Last edited:
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6553047#post6553047 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by atruedollface
You said you use a Canon 20D - is that a digital camera? I cannot believe the clarity and precision of your pictures! I was wondering what settings you use on your camera so that I might be able to capture photos as beautiful as yours.

Hi. Yes I use a digital camera. You must belive what your eyes looks :)
I always use tripod to my camera when I take pix of corals. I never use flash. Fish is the big problem ;)
If you will learn more about tank photo, look at the Photography forum in RC.

Thanks.

Last edited:
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6553672#post6553672 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by JeremyT
I was planning on setting up a cube, and then I saw your tank. It gives me hope of setting up a good lookin' reef! Thanks for sharing your tank and time .:thumbsup:

Thanks a lot.
I hope you will have succeed with your cube.

Really nice tank, mortenN.
I also have an AP902 skimmer and the same calcium reactor you have. I was wondering why do you use the ARM media in it and not the Rowalith one?

Regards

PS: I will visit Norway one of this days

Last edited:
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6573484#post6573484 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Joao Cotter
Really nice tank, mortenN.
I also have an AP902 skimmer and the same calcium reactor you have. I was wondering why do you use the ARM media in it and not the Rowalith one?

Regards

PS: I will visit Norway one of this days

Thanks Joao!
I have very good experience with A.R.M., why change it out with another media I don't be familiar with at all?
Have you try Rowalith in you reactor? and if, what is your experience with Rowalith and SPS?
I am absolute willing to try new things.

PS: If you will visit Norway at this season, take with you a lot of clothing :)

IME, Rowalith is a superior media. It's the only media that fluidizes properly in the Deltec reactor. It also "dissolves" faster and at a higher pH than ARM or any other media that I've used to date. Try it once and you'll notice the difference.

Greg

I've always used Rowalith C+ but I coudn't ever keep the inside water from running cloudy. This has always resulted in some white dust coming form the reactor, getting to the tank and, what I believe, to irritate the corals.
Some days ago I changed to ARM and the reactor has no more cloudiness. However, it is still early to make some conclusions about it's efectiveness.

Joao

Back