Tank of the Month - July 2004

Looking good Pete.

I've got a similar Aptasia scrubber (on a much smaller scale) - with the peppermint keeping the tank free and the overflow COMPLETELY full of them. Mine are mostly clear (since they get very little light).

Really sad I missed seeing the tank again at the last meet. And my kids still talk about "that man with the huge, huge fish tank."

:)

I'm in love! That's about the size of my ideal tank. Just out of curiosity, what's your water and electric bills on something this size? How long did it initially take you to fill the system to operating capacity?

Best tank featured here in the year or so I've been coming here.

Hands down the best TOTM I've ever seen. Hands down.

Amazing color.

Yeah amazing is definately the word for this tank, I am glad Peter makes a decent living with 9 - 400 watt MH and 1 - 250 watt and other lights and pumps that electric bill must be off the charts, WOW. The tank is gorgeous.

Congradulations...

Tank of the month

Tank of the month

Peter, nice job on your tank and congrats! You'll be happy to know that your old 525 is up and running. It was a long process, but starting to take shape.

Wow, gorgeous, finally, a mixed reef tank, frogspawn, xenia,(daring)lol, anemones, clams and hard corals all in one. I am delighted to see this finally. The hard coral tanks are pretty boring and this is a real delight and as I said, gorgeous, congratulations to you.

Great Tank!!

The tank weighs 1400 lbs!!!! :eek1: This may be a trivial question for most but how do you get a 1400lb tank in your house and onto the stand?

An inspiration!

Your display has a DSB, correct? If so, how deep? And what source do you use for DSB critters?

I was thinking about taking out my DSB, after a year with little success. If you're using it with success, I'll stick with it.

Congrats Peter! The best part of this tank is the owner. He is very generous with his information, frags, and willingness to help others. The crown jewel of the crown city has finally gone nation wide.

Thanks for all of the great replies. Some of the tank has a deepish sandbed, around 6", but some of the aquarium does not have much sand. My refugium has an 8" deep sandbed. I have bristleworms, spaghetti worms and a bunch of misc unidentified critters as well. I hired aprofessional moving crew to mopve the tank TWICE! The first moving crew cracked the tank! The second moving crew did a much better job. It took 12 of us to lift the tank from the front of the stand onto the stand. To get it in the house we used ramps, dollies, and MAN POWER! :)

reefcrazed, could you let me know where did you get your tank from, becauze I'm looking for the same size. Could you email me any info about your system
( pictures, schematics etc). Any help would be great. Thanks Tom.

Congrats!!!! All I can say is that the pics don't even begin to do the tank justice compare to what it looks like in person. Having seen it at least 4 times now, I still find things I haven't seen on the previous visits. Peter, I'm still waiting for that beer you offered and some time to chill on your couch and stare at that wonderfull reef! Great Job man!!!

WOW!! Your tank is absolutely beautiful! That is something to be extremely proud of. Just thinking of a tank like that makes my bank account disappear!!! lol... Keep up the great work and congratulations!!!

Back