Tank of the Month - November '06

TOP DOWN SHOTS..:D

PB140181.jpg

PB140184.jpg

PB140186.jpg

PB140192.jpg

PB140185.jpg

PB140195.jpg

Nice pictures, Menard! Thanks for sharing more and more, in addition to your TOTM images.

Congratulations Menard !!!

Congratulations Menard !!!

I just have to say wow what a great Tank and something for all of us to aspire to! I am just so impressed with how close the corals are and not seeing any signs of them fighting ( Stinging) each other. I really like the Oceanic Tank.
Could you Please post some pictures of your plenum I think this is some thing we need to refocus on with our tanks for additonal filtration.
Congratulations again what a perfect Tank...Jeff:)

Re: Congratulations Menard !!!

Re: Congratulations Menard !!!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8549905#post8549905 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by THE APPRENTICE
I just have to say wow what a great Tank and something for all of us to aspire to! I am just so impressed with how close the corals are and not seeing any signs of them fighting ( Stinging) each other. I really like the Oceanic Tank.
Could you Please post some pictures of your plenum I think this is some thing we need to refocus on with our tanks for additonal filtration.
Congratulations again what a perfect Tank...Jeff:)

I am glad to see someone else has made this observation.
It seems whenever I have had 2 corals too close to one another, that one has always attacked the other, while his seem to just grow together. That is really interesting.

Great photos Menard!

Melev................Thanks again bud!........I wish I had the photography skills U have and the camera U using......the pictures U shared w/ us in the past is just perfect, its so clean and crisp, awesome!

THE APPRENTICE........Thanks a lot !!. A lot of this corals in the tank are 10 to 8 yrs old. Transfered from my old 125 and also they start as sm. frags, so when they finally took off, they would burn one another but in few weeks they manage to grow side to side like the kindda scene U see in the wild.
Sorry I can no longer take photo of the plenum, Its burried under the sand. All that is a .5" void space sorta like UF w/ no riser. Instead of UG plate I used plastic light difflector shield also known as eggcreate.

cbonito................Thank U man !.........U see if U grow your corals from a frag they will learn to live together as they grow w/o any serious problem. Just my observation.

LAST SET OF TOP DOWN PICS

PB150225.jpg

PB150227.jpg

PB150228.jpg

PB150231.jpg
PB150232.jpg
PB150233.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the Reply Menard from what I understand On your plenum Is it layed down under your entire Tank or do you have this in a Raceway?

That is quite Impressive about the corals being able to grow side to side like this. And to top it Off you not using Carbon..
So much more for me to learn
Thanks again...Jeff

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8555781#post8555781 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by menard

THE APPRENTICE........Thanks a lot !!. A lot of this corals in the tank are 10 to 8 yrs old. Transfered from my old 125 and also they start as sm. frags, so when they finally took off, they would burn one another but in few weeks they manage to grow side to side like the kindda scene U see in the wild.
Sorry I can no longer take photo of the plenum, Its burried under the sand. All that is a .5" void space sorta like UF w/ no riser. Instead of UG plate I used plastic light difflector shield also known as eggcreate.
[/B]

I meant this green SPS right here. Sorry for the unclearity.
PB140185.jpg

Wow, those new post pictures are awsome man. Your tank deserved to be TOTM... What lighting is it under when you thook these new pictures?

THE APPRENTICE........U are welcome ! My plenum is layed down under my entire tank.

NanoCube-boy...............That one is Monti. Spongodes, nice emerald green w/ purple tips and purple growing edges..Awesome coral.

Marimar.....................Thank a lot !!

tobyp............3 yrs.for me when I witness this for them to start merging into one another

NamoCube-boy.........U are welcome bro.:)

Symon.............I'm pretty sure U can sweet talk to her of getting a bigger tank..........Just wait for that timing, be patient its just around, closer than u think................Peace

Keith........................I dont even compare my tank to another tank. Each tank has its own beauty, uniqueness that makes it special. TOTM for Dec. I'm sure its gonna different and awesome.
PEACE

The growth is just amazing....only nature can produce things this beautiful, Menard you do the hobby right....very nice tank, I only hope in 6 years my reefs look half as good as that....I guess I am off to get a Calc reactor

Fantastic. Great colors. I like the 2000 and 2006 shots together - shows what can be done with patience:) What size were the colonies when youy put them in?

One more question: You were running Phoenix 14K's on this tank, so how often would you replace the bulbs? Did you see any significant drop in PAR with these bulbs?

Awesome tank! I am impressed!

I have a question about your phosphate maintenance:

How often do you measure phosphate levels and what test do you use to get acuracy readings in so extremely low range as 0.01 ppm ?

Could you share some more details about your water test equipment beside the phosphates, too ?

Also, with not using activated carbon, how do you keep the water so transparent without any hint of yellowish tint ?

Thanks!
Pszemol

Back