Tank of the Month - November '06

Hey, next time you're in reefkeeping tank of the month... scrape your glass! :p (being silly)

Beautiful corals, great color and texture from the placements. I'd love to see a shot from above.

I have to say I am honored to have met this man in person. And have many frags growing in my tank that I got from Menard personally. His corals are always in top notch condition. Other than that this guy knows his reefkeeping. Keep up the great work Menard. Also, I miss the store boss. =O)

Tyreef..............Thanks!!

Kent E.........I'm pretty good at that, scraping the coralline off the glass. Now that the corals are growing rapid and that natural look I just dont have the will to chop them up.Its getting thight, I cant reach down there w/o breaking branches.
Here some photos U requested............Thanks
PIC00188.jpg

P7240297.jpg

P7240264.jpg

P7240277.jpg

HeavyK...................Thank U my freind!!

Menard, More likely Tank of the Year!

Congratulations! I'm so glad your hard work and persistence has paid off! :)

With all of the success, you should open a store.....:lol:

Keep on reefing Menard!

Boyd

I think this is the epitomy of the word reef. To see all of the corals growing together or around one another is amazing. I love how natural that is....beautiful. Congrats.

Can you tell me how high of the top of the tank are the metal halides. Awesome tank. Will you ship frags.

snookems................Thank U so much !!

silvert55................Thank U !! man I will search for that old picture. I will post them for ya.

Boyd........... Thanks buddy!! I'll be reefin' and rockin' till I drop.

Ratto..............Thank U !! Why no CLAM ? My Asfur angel would pester'em to death.:(

noodle............Thanks man!!

Greg 45.............Thank U !!.........400W , 15" away from the surface of the water.

TOTM page keeps crashing my browser! I tried both Firefox, and IE 6 :( Anybody have this problem.. I'd really like to check it out.

silvert55

speedstar...............Here we go fellas

Tank back in 2000. All caves and tunnels are made of PVC structure to limit LR contact on the substrate for better circulation. Tank is 8' long

PB080148.jpg

PB080149.jpg

And this is the tank now.:)

PA250118.jpg

And finally the fish room is completed w/ all that extra equipment I put off and set asside. I finally takled everything, done.:D

PB010125.jpg

PB010126.jpg

WOW!!! THat is both amusing and amazing. Reef building stoney corals; You gotta love em!

:D

Congratulations Menard! Gorgeous tank!

Two questions if I may....

#1 do you test for iodine? and if not...how do you know how much to dose and not overdose?
#2 do you test for Magnesium? how often do you find you are adding it as a supplement if applicable?
Thanks
Tim

Ryan...............Youre crazy about reefbuilding stony corals as much as I do........I would do anything I can to keep em happy in my BOX.... GLASS that is.:D

silvert55................chemtainer.com

Tim..........Thank U very much !!
No I dont test for anymore iodine. I used to . Iodine aids corals from bleaching, I just put what recomended dose for my tank every 2 weeks. I based it from the apearance of the coral. I dont know but I could always tell if the color is lighter.:)
Mag. I test for it. every 2 weeks.............since the addition of dolomite I no longer dose em manully. Levels stays up all the time from 1300 to 1350. that is one powerfull stuff.

Mike de Leon..................Salamat kababayan!!......Buy any chance are U related to my freind Rick de Leon ?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8493604#post8493604 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by HeavyK
I have to say I am honored to have met this man in person. And have many frags growing in my tank that I got from Menard personally. His corals are always in top notch condition. Other than that this guy knows his reefkeeping. Keep up the great work Menard. Also, I miss the store boss. =O)

Ditto. Always a great source of info and help. It was sad to see the store close.

dougie.................Thank U very much....Mate !!

Noise ..........................Thanks my friend !!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8507395#post8507395 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by menard

Mike de Leon..................Salamat kababayan!!......Buy any chance are U related to my freind Rick de Leon ?

Not quite, marami kaming mga de Leon....

Back