Tank of the Month - October 2004

george,

Thank you......

In fact, thanks to evryone who has commented, I hope that all of you realize how much fun this has been for me, and how much I truly appreciate all of your responses........It has been a great experiece......

John

Skipper, great choice. This has been a informative dialogue for the past mo. about a fantastic reef & reefer:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Bob

John. It has been great going over your tank like all the other TOTM's.

But.. As it is November 4th in Europe I am logging on every morning waiting for the new TOTM. I leave myself a good hour of quality work time to check out the new tank and go over the filteration, lighting and verything the TOTM winners do to achieve such a plesant tank.

So can anyone answer me on the when is the new monthly updates take place ??

Inpaitent reefer.

BallaBooyeaH: Normally, the new issue of Reefkeeping Magazine is released on the 5th of the month. However, this month it's probably going to be the 6th (this Saturday).

beautiful tank John i was looking over your fuge and i was wondering it doesnt look like there is any sand or any rock in there i am looking at setting up a 180 now and your tank and pics have made me think about using my 75 as a fuge and seeting it up like you have so could you tell me what you have in it i know the two skimmers what else as i said i didnt notice any sand or rock either thanks

JYC,

Thanks for the compliments...

There is abut 50 pounds or so of rock, along with the macro algaes.

Pm me if you would like more details.....

John

John...I was just looking at your pictures and had a question about your stand. How many braces do you have and are they 2x4's?

TIA,
Mike

Thought this one was gone...

Mac,

I only have two vertical braces, but the front half in anchored into the wall. The two that are there are 4x4's bolted with 6" lag bolts...

Hope that helps.....

John:

Beautiful tank! Can you give me some info on your Durso mod for your Euro Reef skimmers? I have a CS6-2 and would like to get rid of the sponge.

Thanks very much,

I am not really sure where the info is, but I will try to explain:

You will need a 1 1/4 inch piece of pvc, 1 "t", and one "90", alsp 1 cap for the top of the "t"...

Basically, the t connects to the riser tube, vertically, after you remove the sponge, drill a 3/8 inch hole int the cap and put it one the top of the T, connect the 90 to the horizontal part of the t and then run about a 8 inch piece from the 90 down for water return.....

the riser tube will still work same as before, up and down for water adjustments.........

I know this is a little confusing, but if you look at the pics of my sump, you should be able to see what I am talking about........

PM me if you need further assistance........

John

Awesome tank!!! I hope my tank looks like yours, but a mini version (40 gallon) lol. Anyways, where did you get your eggcrate, I was going to go to homedepot today, but is there any other name for the stuff?

Skimmer PVC DIY

Skimmer PVC DIY

Hi John,
I'm new to Reef Central, got here by Wet Web Media (Calfo and Fenners site)
Beautiful tank! my future goal would be to move in your direction. Need more space and
$$$$$ but you know I won't let that stop me. javascript:smilie(':)') I've been in the hobby for over 10 years now. Don't really think of it as a hobby. This stuff we do is way beyond that. javascript:smilie(':)')

Any way, could you tell me what you did to your Euro Skimmer and sponge? I'm in the process of buying a Euro and would like to know as much as I can about DIY stuff. Please, If you could explain in detail or lead me to the thread that explains what you did. One other thing, What supports the weight of your tank? Did you build your stand yourself?

Thanks so much,
I would be glad to chat anytime about what we do in this hobby. I'm always looking for things people do to improve their reefs. casperso@optonline.net

Tom Casperson

Back