Tank of the Month - October 2004

great job john its a buet

great job john its a buet

i see u use kent additves me too any advise on what i should use i got 120 wide tank thanks man later

Thanks Chris..

charliethe tuna,

PM me with what yu have and what you are keepimg and I will try to help you decide what you may need......

John

John, sorry if this was asked before.

(first, great job!!!)

I had a question about your skimmer. You mentioned in the article that you use a durso pipe in place of the sponge on the output of your Euroreef. Why and what do you mean? I immediately removed the sponge from mine when i installed it for the same reason - detritus/algae, etc. But what does a durso do, and can you explain how you used it?

Thanks!

adshuraj777,

Glad you like it......

bheron,

the durso is a pvc piece made to redirect the flow back int the sump without all the bubbles......
I think there is a pic on the first or second page of this thread.......

I love every part of it. But what really amazes me is how you did your inwall tank. I mean most inwall have their own room etc. But yours, you were able to make use of the space efficiently by doing those multiple openings/doors. Very very good idea. Very clean and at the same time, very very accessible.

GOOD JOB!!!!

Beal9,

Thank You..

wastwage,

Thanks, most of these came from local reefers, some of my first frags came from flyinjz here at RC.........

pumping running for sump and fuge

pumping running for sump and fuge

John,

I it very good and a lot of time and work for you.
I am new to saltwater and I hope my can be as good as yours.
I see you have a refuguim and I like to know if you have a drawing that shows how you ran the water for the refuguim and sump. Also is that the new way of doing things that I read and saw of no bio-ball the ruge does the work or is there more to it?

fishtk75,

Thank you very much, it is still more fun than work, in fact, I hope it always stays that way.

Yes, I do run a fuge, but I do not have any shots of how I run the water, most people I know do not run the bioballs anymore, but I have been told there are people who still do, I believe they are culprits to a build up of nitrates.....

Take your time, and read a lot, many things have changed over the years, most of them in a good way, but also keep in mind, you will have many different opinions of how good results can be achieved...................

Best of luck to ya,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,John

Refugium

Refugium

John,

IS there books that you know that are good to read.
Yes my nitrate are at 20ppm. and am removing very slowly the bio-balls.
a fish magazine had about ruge that is not part of the sump so the water is two tanks alone is that how your is in the picture?

Also can you or someone in RC that I can talk to about LR turning white and eating away the purple part and is it coral?
calcuim is at 450ppm.

Thank you for your time.

Back