Tank of the Month - October 2004

Skipper

Premium Member
This month we are featuring John Brancheau's (John Brancheau) beautiful reef aquarium:

More details can be found here or by clicking on the picture above.

Congratulations, John!

Last edited:
Congratulations John. Your reef is simply amazing and your eye for asthetics is obvious. I love the way you have aquascaped your reef and you definitely are getting the best out of the colors of your SPS. Again, great job and keep up the good work.

P.S. I too am only about 20 minutes from Tropicorium. :)

Fantastic tank!!! Congrats on Tank of the Month!!!

Nook:beer: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Awesome tank.....
I was interested in your Kalk doseing set up. So do you just have a 5 gal bucket with a small hole in the bottom with a line running into your sump? Could you elaborate on how you did this?? Sorry if this was covered better in the artical... Love you tank. I hope that mine can look as good as yours one day.
Thanks

Congratulations....one of the most (if not the) most beautiful SPS tanks I've seen!!!!

Congraulations my friend, you've done an outstanding job.

John is more than worthy of this fine honor. He has the innate ability to perceive, conceive and interpret his vision into a mosaic aquatic display of breathtaking beauty. I don't think I have ever witnessed such a meticulous collection of SPS. John's diligence, research and dedication has truly reaped a bountiful reward.

I remember vividly the day that he set up this system in January of this year. Most if not all of his acros were 2 to 3 inch frags from his 90 gallon tank. The Green Slimmer has to be on steroids, every time I see it, it has grown another 2 inches. All I can tell you is that the growth in the system is unbelievable, ........UNBELIEVABLE I tell you. The growth is considerably noticeable every 60 days. I must admit, the pictures do not do this tank the justice it deserves.

Enjoy the ride my friend, ...........enjoy the ride, LOL

Mucho

Gorgeous tank!! how long have you been running the Hamilton 14Ks and how is the growth with the bulbs?

That's a very nice looking tank, and the support systems for your tank are very well thought out. You mentioned in your description of the tank:

I have recently added a very simple modification to the skimmers, which of course I found here at Reef Central. It consists of a PVC Durso pipe that eliminates the need for the sponge filters on the skimmers' outflows. As inexpensive and easy as this was to do, I cannot believe that everyone who owns a Euro-reef hasn't already done it.

Where can I get the details on this modification since I have an Euro-Reef CS 6-2?

amazing! how long have you had the tridacna? thanks for sharing such a great tank-

Nice Tank!

I have a six foot long, 3 foot deep and 3 foot front to back tank. I wanted to know what you thought about aquascaping that tank.

I originally was thinking three large rock mounds, if you will, creating two caverns. Similiar to yours but with a mound of rocks in the center.

Your thoughts?

Steve Kenny

John is a great guy! He sold me his old sump a 70 gallon and has helped me with my 180 that i am setting up!

He is truely a nice guy and has a BEATIFUL tank! It is stunning when i got my sump from him all i could do is tare at all the beatiful SPS and hope on eday i could acheive this great feat!

Congrats John well desirved!

Nick

Whoa,

Just got home from work.

Skip,

Thanks my friend, excellent job, you are the one who deserves a hand, I am sure it takes a lot of work to make this happen.....

Froggy, Thanks, get ahold of me sometime, we can talk..

Nanook, Thank You .

Jounior, Thanks, It is a 6 gallon Reef Crystal bucket, tapped at about an inch from the bottom, fed by a dosing pump into the sump.

Odog, Thank You.

Mucho, My good friend, my deepest thanks , you have been great.
Now, What do you really want??

Julio, Thanks, Been using the Hamiltons for about a year now, first the SE's and now the DE's. Growth has been great in my opinion.

Invince, thanks Buddy...

Blindmelonbob, Thank You.

Deb, Thank You, you are a sweetheart.

Bugger, Most of these frags came from fellow reefers, there are only a few wild colonies....

Reefkeeper, Thanks, I will see if I can dig that thread up and get it to you.

Spslover, Thank You....

Drchimo, Thanks again..

Kfisc, Thanks, the clam has been with me just over a year...

Sterlruth, Thank You, aquascaping is a very personal choice, though, I like your idea...

Aged salt, Thank You Bob, I greatly appreciate your thumbs up.....

Back