Tank of the Month - September 2004

it seems i missed the boat on your tank the first time around, i hope you still check this thread.
i just wanted to say i love this tank, i saw that you were selling it a little while back as was wondering what your progress is on your new tank(s). its late and i have get up in 5 hours so im not going to get started on another thread tonight. :D im working on a 65 gallon right now and have a 400 watt 20k on it, i was wondering if you had any tips for replacing the center brace among some other questions. again, LOVE this tank, my favorite so far. ill look you up again tomorrow.
-nick

When you first started this SPS aquarium, what did the rock arrangment look like? did you place the rocks on the sand, or the sand around the rocks?

Very beautiful aquarium.

wow

wow

I just bought a saltwater tank and I have to say. Your tank is un-fraggin-believable!!!

Clarity, colour, class. I real gem!! Artistry mixed seamlessly with technical know-how. Kudos to you!

Spencer

John
What's the name of this monti?
Clipboard05sm.jpg

That monti has been around a while and has been spread around. It's a branching Montipora species (so of course it's always called digitata), but its probably one of the other branching Montipora species that aren't as smooth as M. digitata. I have no idea who's distributing it now, but it was known as the green base red polyp digitata or something along those lines... The green comes out much more under bluer lighting...

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10910571#post10910571 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by GregW
John
What's the name of this monti?
Clipboard05sm.jpg

I believe ROAB was distributing it thru exotic reefs back in the day. Its Roab's Green and Orange digi.

John, the tank looks amazing. I love this thread.

Thanks bud... Yeah, I knew it was one of the Exoticreefs guys... before it was exotic reefs I think... it's amazing how time passes...

i have the same 65 gallon here in New York City and trying to see where i should place my frags... any can help me that would be sweet!!!

wanted to know if you still had the tank up and if you did if you can send me some more details photo of your lighting setup and filter setup i have the same tank and you tank looks great....thanks.

hi again, John.

Are you running any reef aquariums other than this previous TOTM?
If so, could you possibly post links to them here in this thread?

I'm a fan :fish1:

Back