Tank Update

Okay I did it again. Changed my skimmer ... AGAIN. A bit more powerful (I think). Aquamaxx HOB 1.5. Gives some extra water volume to the tank as well.

B9DA315E-C98F-49DE-8473-2131D76D6ABB_1_201_a.jpeg
37997B29-34E8-41F7-96FB-E17278DDF441_1_201_a.jpeg

64EE9B8E-3424-4051-8B3A-EF4D5C6A85FE_1_201_a.jpeg

How does the new one compare to the Tunze?
Not quiet, but with the TV on not bad. Seems more powerful. Just installed it yesterday afternoon, sludge coming out already which is good. I can actually see what is going on within the unit and in the collection cup so much easier. It has a higher bioload capacity than the Tunze for my increased load in the tank.

Hit some snags with the tank, specifically SPS. I believe I may have the dreaded black bugs. Nearly impossible to get rid of. Half of my corals have died, from the base up losing color then the tissue. It sucks. Since they are so tough to get rid of I will see how things eventually turn out. Fish seem to be doing fine. Maybe I will look into some LPS at some point? :(

Ugh, that sucks man. Sorry to hear that. I was texting with Nanook last night and he recently had Bryopsis. He treated the Bryopsis and then had a huge spike in nitrates that wiped out most of his SPS:(

Hit some snags with the tank, specifically SPS. I believe I may have the dreaded black bugs. Nearly impossible to get rid of. Half of my corals have died, from the base up losing color then the tissue. It sucks. Since they are so tough to get rid of I will see how things eventually turn out. Fish seem to be doing fine. Maybe I will look into some LPS at some point? :(
I'm sure you've read up on using interceptor and the mixed results. Perhaps consider adding a wrasse? I know it's a nano but...

It looks better than it's doing. I have lost so many pieces of coral. I have a birds nest on the left that has grown a lot, it is about 5 times the size of it when I got it. Another piece back there too. Some monti cap that is doing well. Others are a wait and see. Still crossing fingers.

C451CC32-5166-4982-A4BE-AB29DE018342_1_201_a.jpeg

Back