Tanked info.

Perhaps it's Dr Tim's in their co-branded bottle, but they have their own product line now (after the launch of Tanked, go figure)

atm-colony-sm.jpg

It is not made by Dr. Tim.

I asked Wayde about it during the grand opening of their retail store. He told me it was made for them "by the best guy in the business" (the name didn't sound familiar, so I forgot it) then he said "I wouldn't put my name on it if I didn't believe in it." They were having a sale that day, so I bought some of it. If it doesn't work, it's going right back to them since he gave me a personal guarantee.

No one at the store knew who Dr. Tim was nor were they even aware of One and Only. It was honest "Dude, I have no idea what you're asking" looks from the three people I asked.

Oh, and if you think this is coincidental, it's only the tip of the iceberg. They have probably twenty different styles of t-shirts in every size, key rings, temporary tattoos, etc. You name it and it's probably available for the tourists to buy.

All the folks at the store from the show were very nice and personable. You can tell that Wayde really, really loves his hyacinth macaw, too. It wasn't just a show for the cameras, so that earned several points in my book.

Of course, I still feel the same way about the show and how they handle things, but even when the cameras weren't around, they all seemed to be the same as they are on the show.

i have no doubt that it can do the job. Especially since i'm sure the people on Tanked have setup hundreds of tanks, and if it didn't work, they'd be out of business.

I had lunch a couple of weeks ago with a guy who used to work for them doing maintenance and installs (unknown to me until we started talking). Their manager Jackie does a lot of scrambling to keep the customers happy when their fish die. (You won't see her on TV.) They sell 'em, set 'em up, then she cleans up the mess, and teaches the customer how to keep fish if they don't hire a tank service.

To me it's entertainment. We all have opinions but I hope the common idea we can agree on, whether they do have behind the scenes maintinence and lots of care in these aquariums or not, is that it's a TV show and on the old tube 'o' tv dama is what sells. Yeah I hate it too but it's what half of both shows are made up of. Nobody who is not into the hobby like we are will sit there watching a show about the nutritional value of live brine shrimp or the specific amount of light for said corals.......although I'd love an actual information based aquarium show myself...with detailed specifics from expert hobbyists and biologists galore! But maybe Im just daydreaming :b

Last edited:
Try and find a TV show that the whole family can enjoy. Tanked is one of the few shows that we all like to watch.

We try and catch the editing goofs like when they showed that Wade broke the windowwith the baseball on the bus door but if you watch, it shows the broken window in a earlier shot.

The other one we saw is the spade tank. The first version is a mock up because the two sides are different. Looks like they were trying both shapes to see what looked better and decided to make a stunt out of it.

+1 for the show and +1 for the blonde! lol!

I had to go look the blonde up, because i didnt remember her. Meh.

Some interesting ideas on the show, I would like to see a bit more technical info, but as discussed previously, its reality tv... so having ANYTHING informational is a big step.

Personally, I like the show, they are a bunch of characters and make for good entertainment.....which is what TV is intended for. After a day sitting in front of the computer, going to meetings, working in a lab and reviewing drawing upon drawing, I don't want to watch informational shows....I want to watch garbage.

Let's face it, if that show got into the technical side of things it wouldn't make it more then a few episodes. Who would want to watch 4 weekly episodes of a tank cycling with dry rock from BRS...honestly.

If you're a "real" hobbyist, you'll enjoy every aspect of the hobby, and be excited for every tank that gets set up, regardless of how wrong or right it may be.

I envy those guys, they are living the dream, I'll take their paychecks and daily antics over my profession and home tank any day of the week.

Does your tank or your local hobbyist's tanks have a comparable blonde nearby?

Must see pic of blonde.

Though if I'm looking for pretty women to get hot and bothered over, a reality show about fishtanks would be the last show I'd look for on cable tv, but I don't have cable tv.

I like tv for the escape from reality, not to watch others pretend to live.

Honestly, I watch so little of tv today, since its overfilled with garbage reality.

I prefer PBS.

That can easily be arranged for, as well as brunettes and red heads ;)

Come on now, we're not basketball players....we're reefers :spin1:

It may be able to be arranged, I just don't know about the easy part unless you shell out a few hundred an hour!

In case anyone is wondering, a friend of mine was just in Vegas and stopped by their shop. They were in the middle of filming for the next season, but the entire cast was nice enough to come out and take pictures with him and his wife. He talked to the General and said he was exactly how he is on TV. They are really the nice quirky bunch you see on TV.

Back