Telling species apart when they're new...

Sk8r

Staff member
RC Mod
...and still contracted by shipping...goes a lot nicer if you pay attention to the bag labels. Opened them in the sump area downstairs, but got the ricordia and the rhodactis confused. One is needing lower light than it has. And in a 36" deep tank that's not easy.

OTOH, my freshwater friend is doing her planted tank with some very nice footlong tweezers with broad tips used to positioning and planting plants. I'll borrow it to do a little repositioning and give the instrument a good wash and dry when I give it back. These tweezers won't do for a really heavy rock, but for moving branch coral, they have real promise, and give you a very useful extra long reach.

Repositioning is successful: sometimes you don't get what light they were used to until they react to your lights, and if they're uptight, they probably need less light.

Meanwhile a fighting conch I haven't seen for 3 years, surfaced, dusted himself off and burrowed back into the sandbed. I'd given that fellow up for dead 2 years ago. A complex tank is full of surprises.

Back