Thanks Again Bradley

Same here! Let's try to do it again before the year is up. And even if you don't have room for more corals, I probably could have talked your ear off for another hour if I'd had more free time in my schedule. :)

Same here! Let's try to do it again before the year is up. And even if you don't have room for more corals, I probably could have talked your ear off for another hour if I'd had more free time in my schedule. :)
You bet. I even ordered some frag plugs last nightšŸ˜‚. I donā€™t like the SeaChem ones like the Acros I gave you were on. I ordered 1ā€ discs.

The purple LTA has been holding still since I woke up this morning, so I think it might stay here for a while. I'm hoping some of the brown in the middle will color up, but even if it doesn't I'm still very happy with the intense purple coloring.

Compress_20240204_172020_0410.jpg

I am still so incredibly impressed with this green RFA. I'm going to start feeding more, and maybe upgrade my lights. Once I figure out the trick to keeping epic RFAs like this I might do an RFA garden...

Compress_20240204_172018_8884.jpg
Compress_20240204_172019_9737.jpg

You bet. I even ordered some frag plugs last nightšŸ˜‚. I donā€™t like the SeaChem ones like the Acros I gave you were on. I ordered 1ā€ discs.
The small plugs have their place, especially when you have a lot of single sticks like acros tend to be. But I personally love the bigger discs because they make a good counterweight to hold bigger, taller frags upright.

The purple LTA has been holding still since I woke up this morning, so I think it might stay here for a while. I'm hoping some of the brown in the middle will color up, but even if it doesn't I'm still very happy with the intense purple coloring.

View attachment 32396276

I am still so incredibly impressed with this green RFA. I'm going to start feeding more, and maybe upgrade my lights. Once I figure out the trick to keeping epic RFAs like this I might do an RFA garden...

View attachment 32396277View attachment 32396278
Glad you like the nem. Itā€™s huge for sure, I just didnā€™t have the room to maintain it. Now that you have it, Iā€™ve got room for the frags I got from you and maybe a few moreā€¦once the frags are acclimated to my lighting and can be moved up.

Oh, and though Iā€™m not a huge fan of Zoas, those I got from you are really cool.

The Stylo and RP Acro have great polyp extension, canā€™t wait to see them grow outšŸ˜„

That's great! I'm glad to hear you're happy with our trade because I definitely am! And something tells me those corals are going to explode with new life in your tank.

What do you feed the tank with, btw? I am seriously thinking I need to make some changes to make my tank healthier.

I feed San Fran Bay Brand Mysis, Plankton, Brine and Reef Plankton.

I drip Kalk 1-2 times a day, add Fluval iodine once a week, ESV Nitrate daily.

Iā€™m really bad about Alk, Ca and Mg, thatā€™s why I need to get the dosing pump going.

You dose nitrates daily? I do mine weekly. I'm curious where you keep your nitrates at. Everything you gave me is so healthy, I'm thinking I might be running too clean.

You dose nitrates daily? I do mine weekly. I'm curious where you keep your nitrates at. Everything you gave me is so healthy, I'm thinking I might be running too clean.
Iā€™m terrible about testing. Iā€™d guess my nitrates are probably between 2-5.

Interesting. Mine have been both higher and lower than that. Maybe it's the lighting. You're gonna slip up and convince me to go back MH. ā˜€ļøšŸ’”šŸ˜“šŸ˜Ž

Honestly, I started my first reef with normal T12 bulbs in 1990. By 1991, I got a Coralife pendant with 5500k bulb. With the exception of a 15 gallon tank in 1992/93 using VHO, Iā€™ve always had MH.

Just fed the tank and, Iā€™ve gotta say, those blue Zoas you gave me are really interesting to me. I like them a lot. Theyā€™re really unique and interesting.

Back