thanks Grant

Reef Bass

colors and textures
I wish to publically thank Grant for his help yesterday with an acute issue I had.

When I came downstairs in the morning I could hear something wasn't right with the tank. While hearing something is wrong is way better than smelling something is wrong, neither is good. Bottom line a seam had popped on my 8 year old overflow and there was significant dripping and imperfect draining. :eek:

The thought of trying to replace the overflow on New Years Day when in reef time I'm moments away from setting up my new drilled tank was not at all gratifying. I've not done any acrylic fabrication (other than cutting tank tops and sump baffles). :uhoh3:

Lucky for me, our stellar VP has ace acrylic skills and rewelded my popped seam! A couple hours of cure time later I had it back in position, draining and not dripping like a champ! :dance:

I'd also like to generally acknowledge Grant's reefing skills and his generosity with his frags and his time. He has donated much of both to our club and we are very fortunate to have him as a shining example of club participation and spirit.

Thanks Grant! :beer:

It is very rare in any hobby to find someone who is so generous with their time, materials, knowledge, and most importantly, genuine encouragement and passion. Grant has continuously impressed me with his generosity in all these things.

Congrats on avoiding a catastrophe, and kudos to Grant for being a hell of a good neighbor.

Thanks Grant. While I have not had to have him help me fix my malfunctioning tank I have experienced his generosity with both his frags and knowledge.

I too have experienced his generosity when I first joined the club, he gave me first colorful fuzzy stick and I really love it. So far 3 club members have gifted me one thing or another and would like to thank them, Grant, Tom and Olly (sorry if I spelled your name wrong) thank you very much guys. Btw I'm still Justin at JoFish you still going to hook me up with the zoanthids and palys you said before?

You are all very kind with your thoughts. Its my pleasure to help when I can. I too was shown the same generosity when I joined the gang by Ken the ex prep, Bob, Tom and Jake Cutrie just to name a few. So I guess its more paying it forward (hate cliches but oh well;) to others. Thanks guys. Grant

I'm with everyone else, thanks for everything. And since you only live 2 blocks away, I probably stopped by more than most :) Good thing you don't have a LPS tank anymore or your corals would probably be so large they would be eating the fish!!

IMG_1339_zps360218c4.jpg

Grant is awesome. He is a very generous, helpful and passionate fellow reefer. Thank you for all you do.

I don't know if its me, but I think he never forgets a name. Helpful to newbies.

Cody, you reminded me of an incident years ago. I had an enormous hairy mushroom that actually caught a blue/green chromis and ate it. I have no idea how it caught it as it was not sick or beatup at the time. Started feeding the reef more right after that. ;)

You probably didn't know Grant had another kid too until he got too close to the hairy mushroom....

:D

Back